title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: a log like exact audio copylog at least similar, and in burst mode too

a log like exact audio copylog at least similar, and in burst mode too

hi
    dbpoweramp cd ripper is an amazing ripper
    1)
    what i do miss (and many others) is a log similar an exact audio copy log
    would love it
    I know in the secure mode , it can create a log , better than nothing but with more info would be great

2)
    could be enabled and added a feature to create a log (like secure more) even in burst mode ,if cd to rip is present accuraterips database
    thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: a log like exact audio copylog at least similar, and in burst mode too

Secure ripping mode does a simple burst mode first and if this matches the AccurateRip database, the ripping is done. That is, all the other secure passes are skipped. Given this, I am not sure why anyone would NOT use secure mode. For log make sure you set option to get the most verbose log.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Secure ripping mode does a simple burst mode first and if this matches the AccurateRip database, the ripping is done. That is, all the other secure passes are skipped. Given this, I am not sure why anyone would NOT use secure mode. For log make sure you set option to get the most verbose log.
    Hi Garym
    well , i got a warning about secure mode ,that it does stress the unit and to use the burst mode , recently installed under mac
    should I use secure and leave all the other settings as default?
    thanks ,appreciate your help

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Drugo View Post
    Hi Garym
    well , i got a warning about secure mode ,that it does stress the unit and to use the burst mode , recently installed under mac
    should I use secure and leave all the other settings as default?
    thanks ,appreciate your help
    I have ripped many 1000s of CDs all using secure mode and the drives I used are still working fine. Of course 90 percent of those disks matched AR so secure ripping only used the initial burst rip. Regarding options, I use mostly default. But examine them all to see if you want something different. They are all mostly self explanatory.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I have ripped many 1000s of CDs all using secure mode and the drives I used are still working fine. Of course 90 percent of those disks matched AR so secure ripping only used the initial burst rip. Regarding options, I use mostly default. But examine them all to see if you want something different. They are all mostly self explanatory.
    Hi
    well good point , i will use the secure ripping , might you post a screenshot of your settings?
    because dbpoweramp doesn't detected c2 on mac but it does detect under windows , same drive by the way
    thanks , appreciate your help

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Drugo View Post
    Hi
    well good point , i will use the secure ripping , might you post a screenshot of your settings?
    because dbpoweramp doesn't detected c2 on mac but it does detect under windows , same drive by the way
    thanks , appreciate your help
    I am away from my computer until Saturday. I will try to post then. Which settings are you talking about? Secure ripping? Metadata? Or ?