title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: can I rip and burn my new SACD with dbpoweramp cd ripper and burn with some software?

Question can I rip and burn my new SACD with dbpoweramp cd ripper and burn with some software?

Hi
    i have bought Wish You Were Here Spec.Ltd.Edt.Sacd, CD / SACD hybrid, SACD for 160€

can I rip it with cd ripper and burn with some software like burrrn or imgburn or anyburn or other software?

If I can rip correctly it , might you please tell me steps by steps how to rip with dBpoweramp last version purchased retail and eventually how to burn ?

under windows or mac

thanks
    I can link the cd information
    Code:
    Content:
    	  	Stereo/Multichannel
    Media:
    	  	Hybrid
    Recording type:

Recording info:
    	  	5.1 surround mix by James Guthrie
    Assistant engineer Joel Plante
    Mastered by James Guthrie and Joel Plante
    Mixed and mastered at das boot recording
    DSD authoring for SACD by Gus Skinas

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: can I rip and burn my new SACD with dbpoweramp cd ripper and burn with some softw

An SACD hybrid disc contains two layers, a red book and a SACD layer. CD ripper will rip the red book layer just as it would from any ordinary audio cd, but it can't read the SACD layer.

To rip the SACD layer I believe you need specific hardware, this forum post should help.
    Last edited by simbun; 12-10-2022 at 03:34 PM.

Re: can I rip and burn my new SACD with dbpoweramp cd ripper and burn with some softw

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    An SACD hybrid disc contains two layers, a red book and a SACD layer. CD ripper will rip the red book layer just as it would from any ordinary audio cd, but it can't read the SACD layer.

To rip the SACD layer I believe you need specific hardware, this forum post should help.
    Hi
    I know there are users that can rip and encode it with foobar2000 and isobuster (can read the sacd layer )?
    maybe It could done with dbpoweramp
    in short is the sacd a dvd isn't it?
    thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Hi
    good reading thanks
    honestly i don't care a lot about 4 or more channels but some pink floyd are amazing with 4 or 5 channels
    seeing how much i paied for 1 , i would like to make a 1:1 copy
    i thinking about buying a blue ray reader linked in the forum
    by the way once i was able to copy a 4 channel cd wiht imgburn for a friend, just copied
    thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Drugo View Post
    Hi
    I know there are users that can rip and encode it with foobar2000 and isobuster (can read the sacd layer )?
    maybe It could done with dbpoweramp
    in short is the sacd a dvd isn't it?
    I believe the isobuster/foobar2000 process is performed against the ripped image of the SACD, not against the disc itself.

From the isobuster SACD help page:
    Super Audio CD comes in different flavours. One HD (High Density) layer, Two HD layers, or the hybrid disc which contains a HD layer and a normal Audio CD layer. The HD layer(s) contain(s) high quality audio, often in more than one channels. Special SACD equipment is needed to read and play the audio from the HD layer(s).