title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

can I rip and burn my new SACD with dbpoweramp cd ripper and burn with some software?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drugo
    • Mar 2022

can I rip and burn my new SACD with dbpoweramp cd ripper and burn with some software?

Hi
    i have bought Wish You Were Here Spec.Ltd.Edt.Sacd, CD / SACD hybrid, SACD for 160€

can I rip it with cd ripper and burn with some software like burrrn or imgburn or anyburn or other software?

If I can rip correctly it , might you please tell me steps by steps how to rip with dBpoweramp last version purchased retail and eventually how to burn ?

under windows or mac

thanks
    I can link the cd information
    Code:
    Content:
    	  	Stereo/Multichannel
    Media:
    	  	Hybrid
    Recording type:

Recording info:
    	  	5.1 surround mix by James Guthrie
    Assistant engineer Joel Plante
    Mastered by James Guthrie and Joel Plante
    Mixed and mastered at das boot recording
    DSD authoring for SACD by Gus Skinas
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2021

Re: can I rip and burn my new SACD with dbpoweramp cd ripper and burn with some softw

An SACD hybrid disc contains two layers, a red book and a SACD layer. CD ripper will rip the red book layer just as it would from any ordinary audio cd, but it can't read the SACD layer.

To rip the SACD layer I believe you need specific hardware, this forum post should help.
    Last edited by simbun; 12-10-2022, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Drugo
      • Mar 2022

Re: can I rip and burn my new SACD with dbpoweramp cd ripper and burn with some softw

Originally posted by simbun
      An SACD hybrid disc contains two layers, a red book and a SACD layer. CD ripper will rip the red book layer just as it would from any ordinary audio cd, but it can't read the SACD layer.

To rip the SACD layer I believe you need specific hardware, this forum post should help.
      Hi
      I know there are users that can rip and encode it with foobar2000 and isobuster (can read the sacd layer )?
      maybe It could done with dbpoweramp
      in short is the sacd a dvd isn't it?
      thanks

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Did you read this suggested post
        The purpose of this thread is to provide a clear way to rip SACD's using a Sony Blu-Ray player. To start off, you will need to purchase (if you do not have one!!) one of the following. This is a list of those players that are known to work with the process. Sony brand compatible Blu-ray...

Comment

• Drugo
          • Mar 2022

Originally posted by garym
          Hi
          good reading thanks
          honestly i don't care a lot about 4 or more channels but some pink floyd are amazing with 4 or 5 channels
          seeing how much i paied for 1 , i would like to make a 1:1 copy
          i thinking about buying a blue ray reader linked in the forum
          by the way once i was able to copy a 4 channel cd wiht imgburn for a friend, just copied
          thanks

Comment

• simbun
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Drugo
            Hi
            I know there are users that can rip and encode it with foobar2000 and isobuster (can read the sacd layer )?
            maybe It could done with dbpoweramp
            in short is the sacd a dvd isn't it?
            I believe the isobuster/foobar2000 process is performed against the ripped image of the SACD, not against the disc itself.

From the isobuster SACD help page:
            Super Audio CD comes in different flavours. One HD (High Density) layer, Two HD layers, or the hybrid disc which contains a HD layer and a normal Audio CD layer. The HD layer(s) contain(s) high quality audio, often in more than one channels. Special SACD equipment is needed to read and play the audio from the HD layer(s).

Comment

Working...

]]>