title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: SHN codec with rev 22-11-25 64 bit

Question SHN codec with rev 22-11-25 64 bit

Lil help? Having trouble installing this codec to work with the latest std rev of dBpoweramp on a Win 10 system, Music Converter.

When I naturally let the installer do its thing, it installs the codec into Program Files (x86)/dBpoweramp subdir, but then it faults trying to run dBconfig.exe. If I change the dir to be installed into to Program Files/dBpoweramp, everything seems to work ok, but dBpoweramp still isn't recognizing shn files. ?? Thanks!
    Last edited by Gaspar; 11-29-2022 at 01:14 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: SHN codec with rev 22-11-25 64 bit

My understanding is that the shn codec is only available for the 32 bit version of dbpa. It won't work with the 64bit version.

I was afraid of that. I did get it to work though. I still have a Win XP system here where I had added SHN support a while ago! Long live Win XP.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspar View Post
    Long live Win XP.
    I get it, but good luck with the lack of security updates lol. XP probably has more holes for malware than any other OS at this point... Something to consider...

dBpoweramp Guru

or just use foobar2000 to convert your shn files to WAV or FLAC or whatever.