title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

SHN codec with rev 22-11-25 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gaspar
    • May 2012

SHN codec with rev 22-11-25 64 bit

Lil help? Having trouble installing this codec to work with the latest std rev of dBpoweramp on a Win 10 system, Music Converter.

When I naturally let the installer do its thing, it installs the codec into Program Files (x86)/dBpoweramp subdir, but then it faults trying to run dBconfig.exe. If I change the dir to be installed into to Program Files/dBpoweramp, everything seems to work ok, but dBpoweramp still isn't recognizing shn files. ?? Thanks!
    Last edited by Gaspar; 11-29-2022, 07:14 AM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: SHN codec with rev 22-11-25 64 bit

My understanding is that the shn codec is only available for the 32 bit version of dbpa. It won't work with the 64bit version.

Comment

• Gaspar
      • May 2012

I was afraid of that. I did get it to work though. I still have a Win XP system here where I had added SHN support a while ago! Long live Win XP.

Comment

• Lynx_TWO
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Gaspar
        Long live Win XP.
        I get it, but good luck with the lack of security updates lol. XP probably has more holes for malware than any other OS at this point... Something to consider...

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

or just use foobar2000 to convert your shn files to WAV or FLAC or whatever.

Comment

Working...

]]>