title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Ripper not launched, after Windows update

CD Ripper not launched, after Windows update

Hi, I could use CD Ripper as usual, yesterday. But, this morning, after the Windows update, it does not launch. It only appears on the Task Bar, but when I put the cursor on it, only half of the thumbnail shows up, as you can see in the picture. 2022 1111 dbpoweramp.jpg

I also attach a picture of the Windows latest updates. Sorry for some Japanese, but I hope you would understand. 2022 1111 Windows Update.jpg

The version of dBpoweramp is R16. What should I do?

Re: CD Ripper not launched, after Windows update

If anyone has ever experienced the same or similar event, please reply. Any guess or tip to solve the issue would be appreciated.

One fact to add: Batch Converter can be launched properly.

Sorry for my self-reply continued. I thought that the only thing, and probably the first thing to try, is to reinstall CD Ripper.

I found the e-mail when I purchased dBpoweramp 6 years ago, and the link in it lead me to the page "Registration Retrieval."
    Then, I have some basic questions.

1. Do I need to uninstall dBpoweramp before clicking "Install" on that page?
    2. My version seems R16.1, and this page says R16.6. Does this mean I can do minor updates for free?
    3. As long as the functionality is concerned, I am very much satisfied with my current versions. Is there any sound quality improvement expected in the latest version, if I pay some extra fee offered?

dBpoweramp Guru

1. no, but you might want to given your problem.
    2. yes, minor updates are free
    3. Lots of changes, including access to metadata, but none relate to SOUND QUALITY.

Dear garym
    Thanks for your advice. Actually, I have self-solved my issue, by uninstalling R16.1 and reinstalling R16.6. As for Q3, I, kind of, remember the rumor about the sound quality improvement of the new version in Japanese audio society. That is why I asked it. So, I am thinking about buying the latest version. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Air Plant View Post
    Dear garym
    Thanks for your advice. Actually, I have self-solved my issue, by uninstalling R16.1 and reinstalling R16.6. As for Q3, I, kind of, remember the rumor about the sound quality improvement of the new version in Japanese audio society. That is why I asked it. So, I am thinking about buying the latest version. Thanks.
    how could one bit perfect, accuraterip matched digital file sound any different from any other bit perfect, accuraterip matched digital file. It makes no sense whatsoever. That said, there are lots of improvements in USING dbpa since ver 16, so an update is a good idea.

I have the same problem with CD Ripper and newest update on windows 10. I'm using 14.4. Any recommandations?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by slippen View Post
    I have the same problem with CD Ripper and newest update on windows 10. I'm using 14.4. Any recommandations?
    The OP reinstalled LMS and that solved his problem. 14.4 is very old. You should consider updating.

That's true it's an old version, but ripping cds never changed (and there are no improvements) in that time. So this version won't work with newest version of window 10?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by slippen View Post
    That's true it's an old version, but ripping cds never changed (and there are no improvements) in that time. So this version won't work with newest version of window 10?
    The improvements relate to metadata handling, never versions of codecs (like FLAC) etc. But correct, you can still rip a CD with the old version. I have no idea whether it works with Win10. Just try reinstalling your older version to see if that fixes things.

What is LMS?

dBpoweramp Guru

sorry, typo...different software. replace LMS with "reinstalling dbpoweramp" in my comment.

Reinstall doesn't fix it for me.

Update is not intressting because i have metadata and flac support and that's all i need.

Administrator

R14 is around 10 years old, around the time Windows 7 was released. Part of updates over the years is to ensure compatibility with later OS.

I got a new laptop and downloaded dbPoweramp, but I cannot figure out how to install the pgm. I click on the downloaded file and I just get a dialog box that says I need to use programs from the MS App store, but I don't find dbPoweramp there. I just paid for an upgrade, so I either want to get it installed on this laptop or get my $ back.