title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

24 Bit Ripping possible

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryant1953
    • Nov 2022

24 Bit Ripping possible

I have version 17.7 of the ripper and use it to rip to FLAC for my computer. Is there a way to rip 24- bit CD to 24-bit FLAC for my UHD disks. Is this a feature available on the latest release, if so, I purchase...

For now even my 24 bit CDs rip just fine but they all end up as 16-bit FLAC files and not 24-bit

Thanks for any help or ideas, Bruno
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: 24 Bit Ripping possible

What does it exactly say on the UHD disc? there are only:

Normal CDs - 16 bit
    HDCD 20 bit
    SACD - which has a normal CD layer.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GBrown
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2009

Re: 24 Bit Ripping possible

Originally posted by Bryant1953
      I have version 17.7 of the ripper and use it to rip to FLAC for my computer. Is there a way to rip 24- bit CD to 24-bit FLAC for my UHD disks. Is this a feature available on the latest release, if so, I purchase...

For now even my 24 bit CDs rip just fine but they all end up as 16-bit FLAC files and not 24-bit

Thanks for any help or ideas, Bruno
      These CD's may have been mastered with 24- or even 32-bit originals, but no matter how you slice it your are down to the standard redbook of 16bit/44.1kHz by the time it is stamped to the CD. Either way, nothing can change how the CD eventually gets from digital to analogue, the only difference you may find when comparing different CD versions of the same materials would be from different mastering prior to the stamping.

Here are a couple of references for you that may shine some light on the subject.

While browsing elusivedisc.com, I stumbled upon Sony Ultra HD 32-bit Mastering CDs. Has anyone bought these discs? How do they sound? Here's a link:...

Comment

Working...

]]>