title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Full guide - how to install Asset on Linux from scratch (an idiots guide please)

Full guide - how to install Asset on Linux from scratch (an idiots guide please)

I would like to install Asset on an intel NUC and use it as a dedicated music server. The OS is likely to be Umbuntu - maybe the server version or lite version to minimise not essential software etc.Also, the NUC will be “headless” so Asset will need to run at startup. Any help would be appreciated

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Full guide - how to install Asset on Linux from scratch (an idiots guide please)

Just follow the same instructions as for a RaspberryPi, but with the Intel x86 or x64 image

Re: Full guide - how to install Asset on Linux from scratch (an idiots guide please)

Quote Originally Posted by simes_pep View Post
    Just follow the same instructions as for a RaspberryPi, but with the Intel x86 or x64 image
    The installation process requires code to be entered - but where do I enter the code - does the installation of Putty allow me to then enter the commands or is there the equivalent of Windows CMD?
    I’m running Asset on a Windows machine and it’s excellent but I’d like to move to Linux for a less ‘bloated’ OS.

I'm entering code and I'm presented with command not found
    xxxxxxx@debian:~$ ^[[200~mkdir ~/Asset-Install
    bash: $'\E[200~mkdir': command not found
    xxxxxx@debian:~$ cd ~/Asset-Install~

Super Moderator

Please do exactly what the instructions say, without adding extra text. There's no "^[[200~" in the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Please do exactly what the instructions say, without adding extra text. There's no "^[[200~" in the instructions.
    Thank-you for your comment. I now have Asset installed - there is one function that I'm unable to get working. Under browse trees I would like Folder & Filename browsing to show (it's shows under the version installed on my Windows PC) Folders & Filenames can be seen in the fields list via a web browser +\folders & Filename browsing but the this option isn't visible when viewed using either the Naim or M Connect apps