title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: I dont see option for Manual Metadata Search...is my version too old

I dont see option for Manual Metadata Search...is my version too old

i dont even know how to see what version i am running. I believe i bought it about 3-4 years ago?

I see a manual meta review option, but discogs and options are grayed out?
    I dont see a "MANUAL METADATA SEARCH" option anywhere

Please help...it is not finding my vol.2 of a japanese version of Carpenters A&M gold series...it finds vol1 but not vol2

EDIT TO ADD... So i see i "SHOULD" see manual metadata search by prssing the green button and it should be after "encoder priority", but that option does not exist on my program?? Do i need to update, and if so, how do i do that?
    Last edited by mikemcsw89; 11-06-2022 at 09:45 PM.

Re: I dont see option for Manual Metadata Search...is my version too old

EDIT TO ADD>>> So i found out my version, and i went through process of upgrading...now running 16.6 and it still doesnt show the META DATA SEARCH option? It also still doesn't show my meta data of my VOL.2 Disc.

Please help? How can i get the option for the meta data search to show up under the green icon? It is missing??

Giving up for the night...hopefully someone will have answer for me tomorrow?
    Last edited by mikemcsw89; 11-06-2022 at 10:40 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikemcsw89 View Post
    Please help? How can i get the option for the meta data search to show up under the green icon? It is missing??
    Looks like it was introduced in version 17.0.

CD Ripper gains a manual metadata search page, de-emphasis CDs handling and improvements to metadata searching.

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    Looks like it was introduced in version 17.0.
    Thanks, so i installed it and now i have the search, but it still didnt find it, but it is on discogs...

right here...

https://www.discogs.com/release/9126...arpenters-Vol2

I saw i can enter a url somewhere...can i enter above url somewhere?

The manual search says enter the url, but it doesn't say where?

so i just paid and got the latest version.
    the manual metadata search doesn't even have the option to enter release URL

It just says paste the url but doesn't say where??

db.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikemcsw89 View Post
    so i just paid and got the latest version.
    the manual metadata search doesn't even have the option to enter release URL

It just says paste the url but doesn't say where??

db.jpg
    It should say '...to the clipboard'. With the Manual Metadata Search window open, if you copy a Discogs or MusicBrainz URL it should auto populate - as long as you haven't got anything blocking access to the clipboard.

not working??

also it seems like it is not finding meta data for most or all cd's now since i bought the new version...the old version was working better???

also why does it pop up the metadata search automatically on every cd i plug in now?
    won't it look up the old way first?

this has gone from mostly working to never working now since i paid to upgrade???

so every time i plug in a cd now it always pops up the manual metadata search and it never finds anything...doesn't work for a crap...before it found the metadata for every cd i ever tried to rip...now it wont work for any? Do i go back to my old version? Can i get my money back? this sucks...after spending 2hrs trying to get it to work, paying, downloading, reinstalling, rebooting...nothing?! always pops up the manual metadata search for every cd and the search doesnt work and nothing??!

Administrator

If no metadata is loading for any CD then your security software is blocking CD ripper from accessing the internet.

Either find out which program is doing that, or you can boot Windows into Safe Mode with Networking:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-b3e5e56fe234

Which will stop the loading of the other programs.

thanks for your patience and response...yea, i don't know what happenned. I decided to just to do a "facotry reset" on my pc because other squireely things were happening too...everything is working again.