title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Qnap QTS turns Asset off

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hungryhalibut
    • May 2016

Qnap QTS turns Asset off

I upgraded to Asset 7.5 yesterday. I then updated the Qnap to QTS 5.0.1.2194. Everything worked fine last night, but when I came to play music today, Asset had disappeared from the Naim app. I went into the Qnap, which had turned Asset off, and there was a notification that QTS had turned it off because it doesn’t have a valid digital signature. There is also a big orange exclamation mark next to the Asset Icon in the App Centre.

QTS has never turned Asset off previously. Is there something I need to do to stop this happening again?

Many thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Qnap QTS turns Asset off

Follow the instructions here to allow the running of Asset:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hungryhalibut
      • May 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
      Follow the instructions here to allow the running of Asset:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-qnap-install.htm
      I don’t recall having to do this previously. It seemed to work simply by accepting the ‘install without digital certificate’ option, without needing to go into the settings. Maybe it was a change with one of the QTS updates.

Anyway, I’ve changed the settings as per the instructions so should be good to go. Thanks so much for your help, and on a Sunday too!

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Hungryhalibut
        I don&*8217;t recall having to do this previously. It seemed to work simply by accepting the &*8216;install without digital certificate&*8217; option, without needing to go into the settings. Maybe it was a change with one of the QTS updates.

Yes, one of the recent QTS updates turned this option off.

Comment

• Gidders
          • Aug 2009

While this works, its really just a work around and exposes our NAS drives to potential threats & SHOULDN'T BE NECESSARY

Why can't provide a version of Asset with a digital signature?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Gidders
            While this works, its really just a work around and exposes our NAS drives to potential threats & SHOULDN'T BE NECESSARY

Why can't provide a version of Asset with a digital signature?
            We sell asset with all platforms all bundled, as we saw over the years people will change, Windows >> macOS >> QNAP, for example. To provide a digital signature we have to sell asset only through the QNAP store, obviously this does not work if someone does not have a qnap.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>