title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tag Editor in Context Menu

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Tag Editor in Context Menu

I wasn't sure where to post this as there is no specific forum for the tag editor in Properties or the right click menu Edit ID Tags.

Is there a way to permanently add custom tags to the list when choosing ADD in the Edit ID Tags or Properties ID tag? If I click ADD and add a custom tag, the custom tag is available as long as that session is open, like when editing multiple files at once. If I move to another file and click Add, the custom tag I created is in the list. However, once I save or exit the editor / properties, the custom tag is gone.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Tag Editor in Context Menu

For clarification, I am talking about this list ...

Hey, why can't I add pictures? Both add picture and attach files won't upload the picture...
    Last edited by chippe01; 11-05-2022 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Tried to add photo ...

Administrator

In:

%appdata%\dBpoweramp

Is a file:

DefaultIDTagEdit.txt

add the items you want there

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, I looked there based off of another thread I saw, but those are not the Tags that appear in the Edit ID Tags right click menu in the ADD button. For some reason, I can't add a picture, either by add picture or attachment management. Uploading is not working in Microsoft Edge, or Chrome.

That file you reference only shows the below tags, not the full list of tags displayed in the ADD button popup dialog.
    Artist
    Title
    Album
    Track
    Year
    Genre
    Disc
    Album Artist
    Composer

The tags in the ADD button of the ID tag editor include:
    Album Sort
    Artist Sort
    Band
    Catalog *
    Chorus
    Compilation
    Composer Sort
    Conductor
    ConductorSort
    Copyright
    Encoded By
    ISRC
    Instrument
    Label
    Lyrics
    Mood
    Movement Count
    Movement Name
    Movement Number
    Orchestra
    Period
    Rating
    Show Work Movement
    Soloists
    SoloistsSort
    Style
    Tempo
    Title Sort
    UPC
    Work

And an option to add a Custom Tag.

I did add the tag I wanted to the DefaultTagEdit.txt file, but it does not display in the ADD tags list of the ADD button.
    Last edited by chippe01; 11-06-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Administrator

If you add a tag there, then it will always be listed on the main tag screen, even if the file does not have that ID tag.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you add a tag there, then it will always be listed on the main tag screen, even if the file does not have that ID tag.
    Oh, I understand now. I didn't realize that custom tag would always display for every file. I was looking in the list of the ADD custom tag button and didn't see it. So now when I need it, it is already there, I don't need to add it.

Thank you.