title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Converter is failing to write ReplayGain Album Tag (Conversion from FLAC to MP3)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Converter is failing to write ReplayGain Album Tag (Conversion from FLAC to MP3)

Hi folks,

How are you?

I used the Converter last night and did a conversion from an album that I had ripped in dbPowerAmp. In the specific case, I noticed that the resulting MP3 LAME files only had track gain written to the tags. The DSP setting was Track, Album ReplayGain & iTunes Album Normalization. This is a very persnickety issue, because, in this album, only one track got the full replaygain tags. Am I missing something in here? On a second test, another track got the full tag, but the remaining songs did not.

converter_issue.jpg

I may make a video for you guys if you wish to see how this goes.

Thanks for the support.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Converter is failing to write ReplayGain Album Tag (Conversion from FLAC to MP3)

Is another program (your music server for example) trying to access the files at the same time you are doing the conversion. The album RG value is added after all the files from the album are converted. It seems something is interfering with this step, perhaps because the files are being accessed by other software/hardware.

Re: Converter is failing to write ReplayGain Album Tag (Conversion from FLAC to MP3)

Hi. I did not have any music server. Two things that I do have in this FLAC folder is a SMB share that is activated (not accessed by any app though), but yes it is up; and foodbar2000 running. Curiously enough, when I ran the dBpa with foobar2000 closed, I got all ReplayGain tags this time around. So, this is really weird. FB2k does not hold the file writing, but I do have a monitoring folder feature that is on with it.

I have confirmed on my computer that when Foobar2000 is open, the dBpoweramp Music Converter, Encoding [ReplayGain], does not write the Track Gain to the tag.