title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Virus Alert by GData

Virus Alert by GData

Hello, i buy the Music Converter and the CD Ripper two weeks ago and now my Virus Software show a virus Alarm during a periodical Scan.

The Virus Software ist GData. It detects a Virus in:
    C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\fooPackageOps.exe

Is this correct or is this a wrong Alert? For what ist "fooPackageOps.exe" required?

See also Picture below

dBPoweramp Virus 02_11_2022.JPG

Re: Virus Alert by GData

Bitdefender gave me same message today after bitdefender auto updated. "The file C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\fooPackageOps.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Lazy.259575 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean."

Administrator

It is a false positive

I've jut had the same message from Bitdefender. Are you sure that two antivirus apps go wrong?

According to virustotal. 14 security vendors and no sandboxes flagged this file as malicious

Administrator

I have just uploaded this file now:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...7a46?nocache=1

None flagged it

I uploaded temp file created during installation and it was flagged as infected. I disabled Bitdefender, installed dbPoweramp, reenabled BitD and ran a system check. Again fooPackageOps.exe is in quarantine, but the ripper works correctly. Otherwise the system is clean. My dbPoweramp installation file dBRefMusic-2022-09-28 etc etc.exe was OK.

Thank you for the answers and the discussion about the problem. The good news for me is, i am not the only one who have this error message. The bad one is, at the moment it seems to be not clear whats happend and whats the reason for the problem. My knowledge about the funktion of computer viruses and how to detect it are not good. But i hope one of you can find and solve the problem.

Administrator

There is nothing we can do on our side to stop faulty virus checking programs from signalling our programs as a threat. I will give an example, once we wrote a program, it was 4 lines long, so a tiny program, this was flagged by a virus checker. Not all virus checkers are like that, Malware bytes and Bitdefender are bad for detecting non-viruses as viruses, you would do well to replace them with a proper anti virus program.

See this page for how often those 2 programs detect wrongly one of our programs:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ftware-Mishaps

OK. I try to get in contact with GData.
    But at the moment the file fooPackageOps.exe is already in quarantine and i dont know how long it takes to get an answer from GData. Most of the time i use only CD ripper. Can it cause any problems to use CD Ripper until fooPackageOps.exe is in quarantine? And what is with Music Converter or Batch Concerter? Or is fooPackageOps.exe for example only necessary during installation or an update?

Administrator

This part of the program installs Windows 11 menus.