title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Modify Custom ID-Tags

Modify Custom ID-Tags

I know that I can create a Custom ID Tag and add a value to a Custom ID Tag when a Rip a CD using dBpoweramp. I can also modify its value after it has been ripped by opening it in File Explorer - right clicking and selecting dBpoweramp - Edit ID Tags. But this method of modification requires opening each file individually, this is fine for a file or 2. Is there a way to do this via a script for multiple files (maybe via a .csv) or even a command line would be less painful than using file explorer.... Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Modify Custom ID-Tags

Thanks Spoon, I will check that out... I am not a programmer but I will give it a shot. I was trying to use exiftool to do this. It would return a value if it was present but it would not allow me to write an value to it. I got an error message that the tag did not exist, even when it read it and returned a value to me. Upon further investigating I think the error was due to the tag not being defined. Do you know if it gets defined when I add it via CD Ripper Options - Meta Data & ID Tags - Custom & Fixed Value Tags. Is there a way to look at its definition?... Thanks