title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: encoding format with WAV

encoding format with WAV

Hi,

I try to find a solution to have a compatible format WAV, between Mac OS and Windows, and in particular with Music (iTunes)
    Of course, Music isn't the best audio files reader, but it's the only one I Knew that easily synchronized a PC or a Mac with iPhone, iPad,...
    I'm looking for your experiences to improve my practise
    Today there are 2 scenarios :
    1. I rip a CD with my NIMBIE and Music (iTunes)in WAV format; if they exist, all the tags are imported; and after I ask to Music (iTunes) to import cover art; idem, if it exist, it will be import; but if it doesn't exist, there's no way to import it using a jpeg or png file; APPLE says that the only solution is to convert WAV in other format...
    2. I copy a CD with my NIMBIE and dbPoweramp in WAV format; when I import the album, the cover is not imported, and sometimes no tag...
    Have you ever experienced this, and have you found a solution ?
    is this peculiarity related to APPLE, other elements like ID3 tags, or something else ?!
    Thank you for your help
    Best regards

Administrator

Re: encoding format with WAV

iTunes will not read ID tags from wave files, if you rip with iTunes then the tags are held in iTunes, not the files, if you copy the files to a different mac, they will have no ID Tags, even in iTunes.

Thank you for your answer Spoon; so there's no solution with WAVE files and Music (iTunes)...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If your tracks are named properly, MP3Tag (also available for Mac) will write ID3 tags for WAV files. You can create the tags based on the file names. Instead of WAV, why not ALAC?