title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How can the Batch converter send the files to a new folder

How can the Batch converter send the files to a new folder

I have many old Lp's from my college days, 1973. I am recording to my computer NAS because i have plenty of space. I tried to convert some .wav files to FLac but it put them back in the same folder. So I had to go back in sort each folder, copy the folder setup to the new folder then copy the Flac files to each of the correct folder. I would think it would be easy to add the ability to say where the file were to go with the same folder layout. I transferred about 100 folders and a couple thousand files. It would be so much better to have the computer do it when it converts the files.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How can the Batch converter send the files to a new folder

Quote Originally Posted by Lavallee View Post
    I have many old Lp's from my college days, 1973. I am recording to my computer NAS because i have plenty of space. I tried to convert some .wav files to FLac but it put them back in the same folder. So I had to go back in sort each folder, copy the folder setup to the new folder then copy the Flac files to each of the correct folder. I would think it would be easy to add the ability to say where the file were to go with the same folder layout. I transferred about 100 folders and a couple thousand files. It would be so much better to have the computer do it when it converts the files.

yes. Easy to do. Just set the alternative folder in the dynamic naming settings of batch converter.