title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Success on Install ... then failure to connect

Success on Install ... then failure to connect

Awhile ago I got a Cambridge CXN2 streamer and was using it with my music collection on a USB drive plugged directly into the unit. However, I found the Soundstream app was very slow as I had to dig down through the file structure to find albums. Also the app/machine was very slow and didn't seem to retain any sort of data base so I often ended up back at the top of the file structure and having to dig down again.

In any event, I downloaded the trial version of the Asset UPnP and installed it on my computer running Windows 11. It showed up on my CXN2 immediately and I was able to direct it to my music database on my computer which it appeared to scan very quickly. I used it for a bit and was impressed by how much faster it was to search and sort my various music files. Way faster than the Cambridge app. It appeared to me that I could use the Asset app to search my music files and when selected they would play through the Cambridge app. I didn't get to explore in any more detail during that first session. But I certainly felt I'd found a solution to the limitations of the Soundscape app.

The next day when I turned on the Cambridge CXN it couldn't see the Asset UPnP (nor could any other device). It had completely disappeared. It does show up in my Start Up menu so I assume that it is running. The sub-folder in the Start Up menu shows Asset-UPnP twice and UMediaLibrary.exe once.

Sorry for the long story but I'm hoping that someone on the forum will have an idea of what is happening here.

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Re: Success on Install ... then failure to connect

You can try restarting your computer fully, also running Asset Configuration will show the status of Asset.