title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: R2022.09.02: Context Menus "broken" in W11, Classic and W11 Style

R2022.09.02: Context Menus "broken" in W11, Classic and W11 Style

Hi everyone!

As a long term user of dBpoweramp, it was no question to update to 20xx, after I've seen the possibility to make an upgrade.

The software itself seems still to run very well, I detected no issues at all.

What's kind of broken is the Context Menu (see the attachments). The new Windows 11 mode "works", but the Hotkeys are gone. I'm a very keyboard related user, clicking and pushing mice is not my topic (takes much too long).
    The W10 Style Context Menu (which I use the most with Total Commander) misses the Icons and the Hotkeys. I some situations the entry is completely missing.

After all, this does not seem to make a big difference, but it really does ;-). My workflow is addicted to the quick and fast way to hit some keys, what at this point doesn't work any more.

Please let me know if this is a known issue, and if it will possibly fixed.

Ralph
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: R2022.09.02: Context Menus "broken" in W11, Classic and W11 Style

Same problem for me. It's very annoying. I use the context menu very often in Total Commander.

As 20xx seems to have no benefits right now, I'm back to 17.7. The silence trimmer seems to be faulty, too. Let's see what the next version is providing.

Administrator

Silence trimmer has not changed since at least 2018, what issues are you having?

Yes, you are right, it doesn't work with the "old" version, either. Every strange. I had a recorded 24bit/96khz Flac file from a colleague, and the trimmer doesn't work at all. No change by changing the parameters to anything you can think of. To test I converted the files down to 16bit 48kHz, looked at the Waveform in Audacity (there were definitely "zeros" at the beginning and the end of the tracks), but dbPoweramp was not able to detect them. Inserting the filter or leaving it out gave the exact same file size in the resulting wave file.
    I did the job in Terminal with ffmpeg (on a very similar way how dbp also does it for sure), waited for the next files a few days later and everything worked like it should.

Never mind, but thanks for replying @Spoon .

Administrator

They might not be true zeros, try the option any value below '-54 db'

I too am having the context menu issue, but I feel like I should add this... I have the "new" broken drop-down icons (not actual icons, but plain white), but I also have the two older style icons for "Convert" and "Edit Tags." I've uninstalled using RevoPro5 thinking it was remnants from v20, but after reinstalling 28, the issue persists. Most importantly, I feel you should know that I am also running StartAllBack 11 on my Windows 11 rigs. That could possibly have something to do with this because it does change the context menus a bit. I'm also running Stardock's Start10 on my two remaining Windows 10 machines with the same result.

Thanks for this thread,

Windy

Administrator

Can you post some screen shots (upload to imgbb and post a lnk please).

We are not sure how Windows 10 can have the problem, it does not use Windows 11 menus.