title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

same album name different artists

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • musen
    • Oct 2022

same album name different artists

Hi everyone, Ive got a simple question. Got two albums in my collection

https://www.discogs.com/master/97911...c-Eric-B-Rakim (album goes as Classic)

and

Explore songs, recommendations, and other album details for Classic by Branford Marsalis. Compare different versions and buy them all on Discogs.

where the first one is found under the latter one when browsing by album. Im not sure if its the only record that Im not able to find.

Ive unchecked the "Combine Duplicate & Similar Artists".
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: same album name different artists

To keep two albums with the same name separate you need different album artists, or the compilation tag set.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simbun
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2021

But what if the album artist is also the same ;-)

Comment

• schmidj
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2013

My issue has always been with "greatest hits" albume, more than one for the same artist. My solution has been (when I remember) to title them "Greatest Hits (Columbis)" "Greatest Hits (Ryko)" etc. Worked well until I ran into two different Greatest Hits albums for the same artist from the same record company. I think it was Verve, I forget the artist. I fixed it by titling the second one "Greatest Hits 2 (Verve)".

Comment

• GBrown
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by simbun
          But what if the album artist is also the same ;-)
          This is where a small difference needs to be applied. I have one case with the artist Queen, with two different Greatest Hits albums that they released. For one of them I used a different Unicode character with an alternative space in the album name, which was enough to keep them shown separately in all of my players.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Asset does have the option 'Album Defined by folder' which should work also.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>