title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Change GENRE En Masse?

Change GENRE En Masse?

I have a mess of GENRES after years of ripping and not paying attention to assigned GENRE. Is there a way to take all songs with X genre and change to Y genre?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Change GENRE En Masse?

Quote Originally Posted by ds45678 View Post
    I have a mess of GENRES after years of ripping and not paying attention to assigned GENRE. Is there a way to take all songs with X genre and change to Y genre?
    You can use the Perfect Tunes program from this site, or any number of other metadata tag editors that are available. Some are better than others, but for a simple change like this, most can handle it without difficulty.

Administrator

Open PerfectTUNES >> ID Tags

Then select 'List and Recomendations' and 'Genre'

Then you can change the genres on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Open PerfectTUNES >> ID Tags

Then select 'List and Recomendations' and 'Genre'

Then you can change the genres on the left.
    I used PertTUNES to fix my many Genres for my FLAC files played with Logitech Media Server. The problem is PerfectTUNES is not applying the new Genres to affected files (e.g. 'Alt-Country' changed to existing 'Alt Country') and I can no longer use PerfectTUNES to fix this. What should I do next and why would this happen?

I used PertTUNES to fix my many Genres for my FLAC files played with Logitech Media Server. The problem is PerfectTUNES is not applying the new Genres to affected files (e.g. 'Alt-Country' changed to existing 'Alt Country') and I can no longer use PerfectTUNES to fix this. What should I do next and why would this happen?
    I should add my music is hosted on a QNAP server and I did the PT right from that server.

dBpoweramp Guru

Did you install the registered or un-registered version of PerfectTUNES?

Administrator

Ensure your computer has write access to the network share.