title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Change GENRE En Masse?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ds45678
    • Jan 2019

Change GENRE En Masse?

I have a mess of GENRES after years of ripping and not paying attention to assigned GENRE. Is there a way to take all songs with X genre and change to Y genre?
  • GBrown
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2009

Re: Change GENRE En Masse?

Originally posted by ds45678
    I have a mess of GENRES after years of ripping and not paying attention to assigned GENRE. Is there a way to take all songs with X genre and change to Y genre?
    You can use the Perfect Tunes program from this site, or any number of other metadata tag editors that are available. Some are better than others, but for a simple change like this, most can handle it without difficulty.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Open PerfectTUNES >> ID Tags

Then select 'List and Recomendations' and 'Genre'

Then you can change the genres on the left.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ds45678
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Spoon
        Open PerfectTUNES >> ID Tags

Then select 'List and Recomendations' and 'Genre'

Then you can change the genres on the left.
        I used PertTUNES to fix my many Genres for my FLAC files played with Logitech Media Server. The problem is PerfectTUNES is not applying the new Genres to affected files (e.g. 'Alt-Country' changed to existing 'Alt Country') and I can no longer use PerfectTUNES to fix this. What should I do next and why would this happen?

Comment

• ds45678
          • Jan 2019

I used PertTUNES to fix my many Genres for my FLAC files played with Logitech Media Server. The problem is PerfectTUNES is not applying the new Genres to affected files (e.g. 'Alt-Country' changed to existing 'Alt Country') and I can no longer use PerfectTUNES to fix this. What should I do next and why would this happen?
          I should add my music is hosted on a QNAP server and I did the PT right from that server.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Did you install the registered or un-registered version of PerfectTUNES?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Ensure your computer has write access to the network share.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>