title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: mp3s converted from m4a successfully but fail to copy and paste to my android phone

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5

    mp3s converted from m4a successfully but fail to copy and paste to my android phone

    I have used dbpoweramp for some time to convert audio files from m4a to mp3 and then copy the mp3 to storage in the podcast folder of my android phone. A couple of days ago I tried this. The mp3s failed to copy and paste to the android phone. Either there is no transfer at all or there is a rather laboured and extended attempt which appears to complete but the mp3 fails to appear in the phone's folder. This problem has only recently arisen.

    Using a process of elimination I have found that the problem must be with dbpoweramp as I converted an m4a using a free online service. The resulting mp3 transferred to my phone with absolutely no problem. Also, mp3s converted using dbpoweramp some time ago transfer to my phone with no problem.

    The weird thing is that the mp3 when played on my computer sounds perfectly okay.

    Any ideas anyone? By the way I reinstalled dbpoweramp but the problem did not disappear. Also the problem is still there if I convert a single mp3 using Music Converter.

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bradford, ON Canada
    Posts
    157

    Re: mp3s converted from m4a successfully but fail to copy and paste to my android ph

    Quote Originally Posted by MjChill View Post
    Using a process of elimination I have found that the problem must be with dbpoweramp as I converted an m4a using a free online service.
    Probably a good place to start is with this "service" that you have used. What file format did you use to convert this from, and why not simply use dbpoweramp in the first place? I have seen many recent examples of these so-called converters that create more issues than they solve.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5

    Re: mp3s converted from m4a successfully but fail to copy and paste to my android ph

    The "service" as you call it was only used after my problem with dbpoweramp manifested itself. It was merely a means of double-checking what the source of the problem was. i.e. if a conversion can be transferred that has not been done by dbpoweramp then the problem must be dbpoweramp (except it probably wasn't). As it happens more in hope than expectation I have just tried transferring to my android again and it worked! This probably means there was some temporary glitch or other on either my computer or my phone and not dbpoweramp at all! So apologies to dbpoweramp and to all who wasted their time reading my original posting. I will know, if it happens again, just to wait.

  4. #4
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bradford, ON Canada
    Posts
    157

    Re: mp3s converted from m4a successfully but fail to copy and paste to my android ph

    Quote Originally Posted by MjChill View Post
    The "service" as you call it was only used after my problem with dbpoweramp manifested itself. It was merely a means of double-checking what the source of the problem was. i.e. if a conversion can be transferred that has not been done by dbpoweramp then the problem must be dbpoweramp (except it probably wasn't). As it happens more in hope than expectation I have just tried transferring to my android again and it worked! This probably means there was some temporary glitch or other on either my computer or my phone and not dbpoweramp at all! So apologies to dbpoweramp and to all who wasted their time reading my original posting. I will know, if it happens again, just to wait.
    Ah makes more sense now. What I was referring to was some of these YouTube "services" that some are using to pull audio content from the online streams for download. Obviously these free "services" are not likely above board, and are often layered with additional metadata, and other passengers, and even the file formats that don't match the extension they are using. Hence the reason I was using the quotes in reference to them. Glad this isn't the case here and you have it resolved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •