title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP isn't visible as open or in menu bar can't tell if scanning library

Asset UPnP isn't visible as open or in menu bar can't tell if scanning library

The Asset UPnP isn't showing up in the menu or or tabs as being open and in use. I moved my music library to a new drive and I can't see if it is actually scanning anything.
    Apple Mac Book Pro 16" M1 OS 12.5.1 Monterey.

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP isn't visible as open or in menu bar can't tell if scanning library

It appears as a icon in the top right.

Re: Asset UPnP isn't visible as open or in menu bar can't tell if scanning library

Hello Spoon. it doesn't though. It used to appear there but it no longer does. I went back to my old hard drive and I can play songs from it. I have encrypted my newer drive and that may have been the reason why I wasn't able to play anything from it through the Asset UPnP (should have researched that first) but I still can't see that Asset UPnP is running anywhere although it clearly is.
    Thanks for the very fast reply.

Administrator

Have you tried a full shut down and restart of the computer?

Running it from the dock / launchpad should show the start up page for asset before the icon appears top right.

Yes I have tried that. I get brief image that shows the app and version but after that everything is hidden and there is no indication in open apps or force quit that it is running. strange.

Super Moderator

Asset does not keep a resident window, only a menu bar icon.

First run shows a hint about this.

Hello PeterP. Sorry for the slow reply. I have been working away from home and system. Yes, thank you. I know about the icon in the menu bar and that it does keep a window open. But I am not seeing that icon in the menu bar.
    I suppose it isn't a big deal and now that my library is no longer on an encrypted drive I can tell when it is working but it does seem strange.
    Thanks.

Hello Peter and Spoon.
    So I have rebooted, and re-installed the Asset app. still isn't showing up. I have created a library on an external drive separate from encrypted Apple Music drive.
    I still can't see if the app is running without going into task manager. Now when I try to play a track through the Asset server I just briefly get an artwork image then a play queue but the track never plays. I have no way to see if if the new library is being accessed. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post

Asset does not keep a resident window, only a menu bar icon.

First run shows a hint about this.

So I have re-installed it again. for maybe the fourth time. Still nothing in my menu bar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is there any other way to access Asset since I can't access it from the menu bar? Any idea why I can't access it from the menu bar? Running Monterey 12.5.1 with an m1 pro chip.

Spoon and PeterP. Something interesting. I once again deleted the Asset UPnP app. I searched for additional files in cache and application support to delete and didn't find any. I then got an app to uninstall applications and ran it. Once that was done I, again, downloaded the app and installed and opened it. I got a window that said it would appear in my menu bar. It didn't but it launched a window for my default browser that allowed me to select the folder I want to use for my library. So I am going to let this scan overnight and see if it finds my files and see what happens next time I launch Asset. It still isn't showing in my menu bar but if it keeps opening a web browser page allowing me to access it that is fine. Is this a new thing?

Administrator

That is the first run page. We are still looking into this.

okay interesting. possibly unrelated but it took awhile to connect to the server and have it show up in my Naim app and it would lose the connection. I am not running a VPN or anything and my internet connection seems decent overall.

Super Moderator

Mac Asset behaviors changed in R7.6 beta 2-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...inux-R7-6-beta

For now it's always visible in the dock, clicking the icon opens Asset configuration.
    If persistent dock icon is too intrusive, I'll add a toggle for it.

Hello Peter.
    Weirdest thing happened. Today, running 7.5 the asset icon appeared again and is functioning normally. I haven't updated my OS or the app to your new version. Did you see the issue on another computer? I will upgrade but I have no idea why it decided to work again.
    thank again for all the help.