title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP isn't visible as open or in menu bar can't tell if scanning library

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Asset UPnP isn't visible as open or in menu bar can't tell if scanning library

The Asset UPnP isn't showing up in the menu or or tabs as being open and in use. I moved my music library to a new drive and I can't see if it is actually scanning anything.
    Apple Mac Book Pro 16" M1 OS 12.5.1 Monterey.

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP isn't visible as open or in menu bar can't tell if scanning library

It appears as a icon in the top right.

Re: Asset UPnP isn't visible as open or in menu bar can't tell if scanning library

Hello Spoon. it doesn't though. It used to appear there but it no longer does. I went back to my old hard drive and I can play songs from it. I have encrypted my newer drive and that may have been the reason why I wasn't able to play anything from it through the Asset UPnP (should have researched that first) but I still can't see that Asset UPnP is running anywhere although it clearly is.
    Thanks for the very fast reply.

Administrator

Have you tried a full shut down and restart of the computer?

Running it from the dock / launchpad should show the start up page for asset before the icon appears top right.

Yes I have tried that. I get brief image that shows the app and version but after that everything is hidden and there is no indication in open apps or force quit that it is running. strange.

Super Moderator

Asset does not keep a resident window, only a menu bar icon.

First run shows a hint about this.