title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter ("Reference") for Mac with VST support, but no trial download?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maddib
    • Sep 2022

Music Converter ("Reference") for Mac with VST support, but no trial download?

Hi,

I'm a satisfied user of dbPoweramp on Mac, and I'm wondering in how far the Mac version supports VST DSPs. So, I found on your website that the so-called "Reference" version may support VST effects, not the standard version.
    So, I tried to download the "Reference" trial version for Mac, but this turns out to be the regular on.
    I have some nice VSTs on my Mac, and I first want to try them with dbPoweramp to get sure the combination works.

So, how can I download the "Reference" trial version for Mac? And how do I use VSTs with it? Are there any restrictions when it comes to VSTs on Mac?

Many thanks,
    Matthias
  • maddib
    • Sep 2022

Re: Music Converter ("Reference&quot for Mac with VST support, but no trial download?

Strange... just recognized that I obviously already purchased the Reference version (Reference R16.8). But I can't see any VST DSPs. I downloaded and installed what is behind the Reference Trial Mac download link. But I can't see VST DSPs either.
    Am I doing something wrong? I can't find much information on VST support. Please don't say VST support is only available for the Windows version... or is there a 32bit limitation on Mac, too?
    Last edited by maddib; 09-05-2022, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Music Converter ("Reference&quot for Mac with VST support, but no trial download?

VST is Windows only, sorry.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• maddib
        • Sep 2022

Originally posted by Spoon
        VST is Windows only, sorry.
        Okay, very sad.
        Since there is no VST support on Mac, how likely is it to get a convolution DSP effect included in the Mac version? You know, processing files with stereo IR filter files.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

We shall look into VST support on the MAC
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• maddib
            • Sep 2022

Originally posted by Spoon
            We shall look into VST support on the MAC
            That would be a big step forward
            I really like this tool

Comment

Working...

]]>