title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music Converter ("Reference") for Mac with VST support, but no trial download?

Music Converter ("Reference") for Mac with VST support, but no trial download?

Hi,

I'm a satisfied user of dbPoweramp on Mac, and I'm wondering in how far the Mac version supports VST DSPs. So, I found on your website that the so-called "Reference" version may support VST effects, not the standard version.
    So, I tried to download the "Reference" trial version for Mac, but this turns out to be the regular on.
    I have some nice VSTs on my Mac, and I first want to try them with dbPoweramp to get sure the combination works.

So, how can I download the "Reference" trial version for Mac? And how do I use VSTs with it? Are there any restrictions when it comes to VSTs on Mac?

Many thanks,
    Matthias

Re: Music Converter ("Reference") for Mac with VST support, but no trial download?

Strange... just recognized that I obviously already purchased the Reference version (Reference R16.8). But I can't see any VST DSPs. I downloaded and installed what is behind the Reference Trial Mac download link. But I can't see VST DSPs either.
    Am I doing something wrong? I can't find much information on VST support. Please don't say VST support is only available for the Windows version... or is there a 32bit limitation on Mac, too?
    Last edited by maddib; 09-05-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Administrator

Re: Music Converter ("Reference") for Mac with VST support, but no trial download?

VST is Windows only, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    VST is Windows only, sorry.
    Okay, very sad.
    Since there is no VST support on Mac, how likely is it to get a convolution DSP effect included in the Mac version? You know, processing files with stereo IR filter files.

Administrator

We shall look into VST support on the MAC

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We shall look into VST support on the MAC
    That would be a big step forward
    I really like this tool