title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripping problems - only getting 10 seconds of each track

Ripping problems - only getting 10 seconds of each track

Hi all

After two years of faultless use of dBp, I've had problems this morning with ripping three CDs, all of which have ripped OK on other devices. The first time I tried, I left the room during the rip and only noticed on playback that only 10 seconds of each track had been recorded. Everything else looked fine, but the file size was only 10mB rather than 300 or so. All rips were shown as "accurate".

I watched the next attempt carefully. The horizontal bar next to each track was stuck on "ripping 0%" but the bar itself shaded in. The completed rips were, again, described as "accurate". I didn't notice that the ripping process was especially fast but, once again, only 10 seconds per track were present on playback. Same again with a different CD.

I tried a different CD drive, also a third CD which was the last one I ripped sucessfully on dBp (the other two were new purchases). Same experience, so I uninstalled and re-installed dBp. Again, no difference.

All advice would be very welcome (if possible, not too technical!)

Many thanks.

Administrator

Re: Ripping problems - only getting 10 seconds of each track

Look on the DSP settings tab, if you have added any such as:

Maximum Length

or

Grabber

remove them

Re: Ripping problems - only getting 10 seconds of each track

Perfect answer, thank you. Grabber was set to take 10 seconds from the start of tracks. Now corrected. I have no idea how it happened, I didn't set it, though I did a software upgrade yesterday before I noticed the problem. Maximum length was also set to 30 seconds.