title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Having Trouble with Dynamic Naming with CD ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ASF
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2012

Having Trouble with Dynamic Naming with CD ripper

Spoon et.al.:

I have setup a new computer and have misplaced my previous setting for dynamic naming when ripping CDs. Here are my goals:

1) If a album artist doesn't exist in the designated folder, create a new folder for the album artist.
    2) Create a new folder using the album name either in the newly created folder or the existing folder for the album artist
    3) Number the tracks consecutively starting with 01, using the tract name only (i.e. without the artist name).

Here is the text I created: "[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[]\[[IF!COMP][artist]\[track] [title][]"

Every time I rip a CD, the program is creating a new folder titled "[IFVALUE]album artist,Album artist's name".

Can you help me identify what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Aaron
  • ASF
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2012

Re: Having Trouble with Dynamic Naming with CD ripper

To be clear, I don't want the program to create a new album artist folder if one already exists under the specified album artist name; in the latter circumstance, I only want the program to create a new folder under the existing album artist folder with the new album's name. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by ASF; 08-26-2022, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ASF
      To be clear, I don't want the program to create a new album artist folder if one already exists under the specified album artist name; in the latter circumstance, I only want the program to create a new folder under the existing album artist folder with the new album's name. Thanks for your help.
      Try this (you didn't say how you want multidisk handled....this creates separate subfolders. if you prefer 1.01, 2.01, etc. numbering instead of separate folders let me know.

[IFCOMP]Various Artists\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][]

Also, regarding artist folder creation. It does that automatically (that is, if the artist folder already exists, it doesn't create a second copy of the artist folder. It simply puts the album subfolder under the already existing artist folder).

Comment

• ASF
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jun 2012

Thanks so much for the assist. I will give this a try and get back to you.

Aaron

Comment

Working...

]]>