title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Customer Support Phone Number?

Customer Support Phone Number?

Is that a thing? I'm trying to think of a tech company that doesn't have one.

Thanks,

Bill

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Customer Support Phone Number?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWolfpacker View Post
    Is that a thing? I'm trying to think of a tech company that doesn't have one.

Thanks,

Bill

Try calling Amazon..... essentially impossible.

In my experience Amazon is incredibly responsive in that regard.

I certainly don't mean to offend anyone . . .

dBpoweramp Guru

In my experience Amazon is incredibly responsive in that regard.

I certainly don't mean to offend anyone . . .
    I took no offense, just trying to answer your question. In my experience, Amazon has been fast and good regarding internet questions/contact, but the one time I tried to get someone on the phone it was impossible. That's my experience. I don't find Apple (except for sales dept) to be particularly good at phone contact either for support unless one purchases a special support package.

p.s. And I'm just a user like you.....I don't represent dbpoweramp.

dBpoweramp Guru

Just as an aside, as a 15 year user who has ripped over 5,000 CDs, and used PerfectTunes extensively, I'd say that the support I've received from this forum over those years has been tremendous (as 15 years ago I had no clue about digital music). The forum users here tend to be very engaged and helpful and really stick with people until questions are answered and any problems solved.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Just as an aside, as a 15 year user who has ripped over 5,000 CDs, and used PerfectTunes extensively, I'd say that the support I've received from this forum over those years has been tremendous (as 15 years ago I had no clue about digital music). The forum users here tend to be very engaged and helpful and really stick with people until questions are answered and any problems solved.
    Word. It's still a little weird for them not to have a phone number.

While I've got you here, I want to transfer my CD collection to a Macbook. I would just need the CD ripper to pull that off, correct? I'm not entirely sure what PerfectTunes does.

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Word. It's still a little weird for them not to have a phone number.

While I've got you here, I want to transfer my CD collection to a Macbook. I would just need the CD ripper to pull that off, correct? I'm not entirely sure what PerfectTunes does.

Thanks.
    Yes, you need the CD ripper for ripping the CDs. You won't need PerfectTunes for ripping CDs.

Administrator

PerfectTUNES is more for managing the collection after ripping, for example if you rip 3000 pop CDs, then almost certainly the same artist might be spelt different ways, such as:

Pink
    P!nk

as that is how the name progressed over the years ,PerfecTUNES would allow you to change all Pink to P!nk in one click.

Thanks. That definitely clears things up.