title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to prevent "Encoding Tool" tag written to encoded files?

How to prevent "Encoding Tool" tag written to encoded files?

Hello,

All the files converted have a tag written "Encoding Tool" with the value "qaac 2.71, CoreAudioToolbox 7.10.9.0, AAC-LC Encoder, CBR 256kbps, Quality 96"

I don't want this tag in my encoded files, how can I prevent this from happening ?

I have already UNchecked the update source, encoder........ option in the configuration.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How to prevent "Encoding Tool" tag written to encoded files?

Quote Originally Posted by ceo54 View Post
    I don't want this tag in my encoded files, how can I prevent this from happening ?

I have already UNchecked the update source, encoder........ option in the configuration.
    It feels like that option would only prevent it from being updated, so do your source files have the tag - I say that knowing you shouldn't be converting lossy to lossy but I haven't been able to replicate your scenario using mp3 (I don't have the apple codec installed).

To remove the tag, in the dBpoweramp Music Converter screen, add the 'ID Tag Processing' DSP and on the Deletions tab add the tag you want deleted (using Single Tag) or add all the tags you want to keep (using All Except).

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    It feels like that option would only prevent it from being updated, so do your source files have the tag - I say that knowing you shouldn't be converting lossy to lossy but I haven't been able to replicate your scenario using mp3 (I don't have the apple codec installed).

To remove the tag, in the dBpoweramp Music Converter screen, add the 'ID Tag Processing' DSP and on the Deletions tab add the tag you want deleted (using Single Tag) or add all the tags you want to keep (using All Except).
    Hello, thank you for the response. I don't have that tag in my source files and I'm using lossless files to encode lossy AAC files. The workaround you mention works. I think it's the qAAC wrapper that's writing the tag.

Thank you for the help, highly appreciated.

If the devs are reading this, I have a suggestion. Please make the encoders in the way that they preserve the tag data from the source file without adding or removing any tag as default unless user use ID TAG manipulating module.

Thanks.