title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Which metadata are loaded when CD is inserted?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which metadata are loaded when CD is inserted?

Hello,

When I just insert a CD I can see certain metadata. When I then click on "reloads metadata of the current disc", I see some changes. I guess when clicking the reload button, information is gathered from the different sources (discogs, gd3, ...), but what is exactly analyzed the very first time, right after inserting the disc? Which metadata (based on what) are shown by default? Must be something different than the perfect metadata shown after clicking "reload".

2. When I click on "retrieve metadata from CD TEXT", I don't see the artists (they get shown as "various artists" on a compilation CD, yet I know this information is there, as another ripping program gives me the correct Track Artists when I click CD TEXT on that program. What could be wrong here?

Thanks!

Re: Which metadata are loaded when CD is inserted?

Can someone please help me! I've purchased cd ripper and downloaded it on my mac air and connected an external hard drive and started ripping cds. I think all was going well (I'm woefully inexperienced) but noticed that of the 35-30 discs I so far burned, approximately 10 didn't transfer. There was no error message that occurred and I don't understand what went wrong. I paid $40 for this software and I'm still struggling to transfer my cds. I prepared the hard drive, formatting it and I'm still really confused. I've watched some you tube videos but need some help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jason

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Which metadata are loaded when CD is inserted?

Quote Originally Posted by jdnamn97 View Post
    ...but noticed that of the 35-30 discs I so far burned, approximately 10 didn't transfer. There was no error message that occurred and I don't understand what went wrong.
    So the files are not in the drive you expected them to be, or they truly do not exist at all? For example, if these are compilation discs, can you find them under a "Various Artists" or "Compilations" folder? If you rip one of these missing CD's, you should see the destination drive while this is happening. And I would make it a habit to confirm the files exist after each rip, never assume!