title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Windows 10 to Sony Walkman?

Windows 10 to Sony Walkman?

I am having trouble setting the destination to be an sdcard in a sony walkman. I can drag files to the walkman just fine, but when I try set the destination for tunefusion it does not see the walkman at all. This is tunefusion 1.7 registered on windows 10. Any idea how to do this?
    Here is a screenshot that shows the situation.
    Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 7.25.40 PM.png

Thanks
    Keith

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Windows 10 to Sony Walkman?

Hey KeithM,

the problem is, that your Sony Walkman is a MTP device, not a mass storage device, to which you could assign a drive letter. So the Sony Walkman is not integrated in the Windows filesystem.

As far as I know, Tunefusion offers a workaround to sync to such devices. For this you have to install the Foobar audio player on the device. Can you install additional player software on the Sony Walkman?

Dat Ei

Re: Windows 10 to Sony Walkman?

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey KeithM,

the problem is, that your Sony Walkman is a MTP device, not a mass storage device, to which you could assign a drive letter. So the Sony Walkman is not integrated in the Windows filesystem.

As far as I know, Tunefusion offers a workaround to sync to such devices. For this you have to install the Foobar audio player on the device. Can you install additional player software on the Sony Walkman?

Dat Ei
    Hi Dat Ei

Thank you very much.
    This was a great help, as I now know what is going on.

I will install foobar today and give it a try.
    Keith