title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows 10 to Sony Walkman?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeithM
    • Aug 2022

Windows 10 to Sony Walkman?

I am having trouble setting the destination to be an sdcard in a sony walkman. I can drag files to the walkman just fine, but when I try set the destination for tunefusion it does not see the walkman at all. This is tunefusion 1.7 registered on windows 10. Any idea how to do this?
    Here is a screenshot that shows the situation.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 7.25.40 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	297748

Thanks
    Keith
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Windows 10 to Sony Walkman?

Hey KeithM,

the problem is, that your Sony Walkman is a MTP device, not a mass storage device, to which you could assign a drive letter. So the Sony Walkman is not integrated in the Windows filesystem.

As far as I know, Tunefusion offers a workaround to sync to such devices. For this you have to install the Foobar audio player on the device. Can you install additional player software on the Sony Walkman?

Dat Ei

Comment

• KeithM
      • Aug 2022

Re: Windows 10 to Sony Walkman?

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Hey KeithM,

the problem is, that your Sony Walkman is a MTP device, not a mass storage device, to which you could assign a drive letter. So the Sony Walkman is not integrated in the Windows filesystem.

As far as I know, Tunefusion offers a workaround to sync to such devices. For this you have to install the Foobar audio player on the device. Can you install additional player software on the Sony Walkman?

Dat Ei
      Hi Dat Ei

Thank you very much.
      This was a great help, as I now know what is going on.

I will install foobar today and give it a try.
      Keith

Comment

Working...

]]>