title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Getting song and album info

Unregistered

Getting song and album info

How do I get the album and song info if I am not on line when I rip the cd?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Getting song and album info

you can download the database and use it offline. i think it is a few hundred meg though. otherwise you can't. you have to do it manually then. database
    Last edited by Razgo; 05-19-2004 at 01:41 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Excellent :D , Cheers Razgo I didn't know you could do that. I've got the same problem as no internet at home, I'll give it a go tonight

Paddy

dBpoweramp Guru

well it might be a pain downloading 236meg if your on dialup, but worth it in the end. then you just use the updater and update regularly so it's only a few meg then.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have another solution that is easier but a bit annoying too if that makes sense.
    Whilst you are online you can place each CD that you want to rip into the CD drive and leave it there for a few seconds until the CD info comes up. When you go offline you can place a CD back and the info will show up just like you are online.

It worked for me so it should work for everyone else. I have a slow dialup connection so this is the only option for me other than typing the info in myself.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

My problem is that I don't have internet at home (don't even have a phone line!), but do have internet in my office. So I was going to bring in a handful of CD's put them in office PC download track info for each and then copy the CDplayer.ini file that contains all the cd info to my home PC.

But just downloaded database, took all of a couple of minutes, so ripping my CD collection to monkey's audio should be a lot quicker :D

Administrator

MAke sure you got the Windows offline database.