title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD Ripper Hangs "looking for disc"

Super Moderator

Re: CD Ripper Hangs "looking for disc"

Thanks for the details.

Please run:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-R178b9.dmg
    It's been specifically modified to detect the condition (UI unresponsive) and crash.
    Then post crash info per instructions from: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...eramp-Mac-apps

I upgraded to version beta 8 and this happened. I reinstalled version beta 7 and this seemed to fix it.

Super Moderator

Please follow instructions from my previous post above and try with beta 9 to produce telemetry data needed for me to figure out what goes wrong.
    Thanks.

Super Moderator

Also, do you use any security software on your machine - firewall, antivirus, etc?

It appears that something is causing dBpoweramp to lock up when trying to access the internet - specifically, download AccurateRip information for your disc.
    That's all I was able to learn from the above logs, I hope someone can get beta 9, recreate the bug and produce a crash report file for me to analyze locked up application state.

Hi Peter,
    thanks for the follow up. I rebooted my mac os in safety mode and everything works smooth. I don't know what causes the problem, because other applications worked fine.
    You can close this ticket for me.

Kind regards

I have version 17.7 od dB Poweramp. I'm running little snitch butproblen exists when Little Snitch is off. Ditto re Mac firewall.

I discovered my problem. Malwarebytes has a malicious code blocker. From the description it was not apparent that it would block "real" app, but it was blocking dBpoweramp cd ripper

I have this same problem, but with only maybe 5-10% of CD's (or less...just random ones here and there do not work...Apple Music rips them fine).

Administrator

Using any security software?