title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to change the CD Drive in use if dbpa does not find it correctly?

Question How to change the CD Drive in use if dbpa does not find it correctly?

Dear All,

I have recently purchased a new Melco D100 as my new cd drive, which I would like to use for my ripping project and which seems to my knowledge one of the best cd drives for ripping purposes. Now, I know from the past, when ripping with dbpa, one of the first things that the software does is to search for the CD Drive in use and to setup the correct sample offset for that specific CD drive. And this normally happens automatically, right?

In my case, dbpa says it found my "older" pioneer-BD-RW BDR-209M, but not the new Melco D100. I made a quick check with an older Apple Superdrive and in this case, dbpa changed it correctly to the Apple cd drive. When connecting back with the Melco, it says again the pioneer BD-RW BDR-209M is the CD Drive found.

Any idea why it doesn't find the Melco D100? Or does anyone have the correct sample Offset for the Melco D100, so that I could set it manually?

Many many thanks.

Best,
    Christian

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How to change the CD Drive in use if dbpa does not find it correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Apple-Fan View Post
    In my case, dbpa says it found my "older" pioneer-BD-RW BDR-209M, but not the new Melco D100.
    Was the BDR-209M connected at the time?
    A few years ago there was a teardown on a Melco that revealed it had a Pioneer BDR-206MBK inside, so maybe the BDR-209M is correct. Have you tried a rip, and was the offset correct?

Thanks for your reply.
    No, I was wrong. As I had in the past also a Pioneer CD Drive, I immediately thought, this might the old one. In the meantime I could find out, that Melco does not produce cd drives by themselves, but build in Pioneer CD Drives, so the offset that dbpa found seems to be correct, at least it is a Pioneer. But regarding the offset, how can I check if the offset is correct or not? Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm kinda shocked that they don't even hide the fact that it's just a Pioneer (which are still very good drives, but a fraction of the price of an "audiophile" drive).
    You can follow this guide to configure CD Ripper, including offset correction.