title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Two Questions

Two Questions

Hi How do I reset the order of file names so that they are named by album title rather than artist? This is especially important where the file name given by dbpoweramp is "various". This is not very useful (to me).

Second, some but not all of the folders show the files in reverse order. How do I fix that?

Thx

Administrator

Re: Two Questions

You can change the naming, try:

[album]/[track] - [title]

about the track order, the tracks are written 1, 2, 3 they will be sorted in this order unless you click the title to sort in reverse.

How do I do that? When I try to it doesn't allow change.

Thx
    S

So, you are saying that I inadvertently caused the reverse order? Pls let me know how I did this, so I don't repeat the error. Thx

Administrator

You would click 'Set' next to Naming:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/dMCOSX/CDhelp.htm

And paste that value into the main naming box.

Administrator

Thanks. I read the link. Not really helpful for me.
    When I press set, it gives me a window with a long logic chain, but it is not at all clear what I need to move where and into which brackets to get the desired result of files listed album and avoiding various as the name in Finder (I use a Mac). Could you clarify?

dBpoweramp Guru

are you asking about the folder/file names (seen in browsing a directory) or in some sort of music player (that is showing things based on the metadata (tags)? If files/folder, what would you like the names to look like. Let me know and I'll take a stab at the code you need for that. For example, this is my naming string, and tracks are named in number order, with albums listed under artists, except for compliations (various artists) with albums listed there. (note if you use a Mac, the backslashes below need to change to forward slashes). This code also automatically deals with multidisk.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SNS View Post
    Thanks. I read the link. Not really helpful for me.
    When I press set, it gives me a window with a long logic chain, but it is not at all clear what I need to move where and into which brackets to get the desired result of files listed album and avoiding various as the name in Finder (I use a Mac). Could you clarify?
    You would replace that whole naming string with the one provided above.