title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Choosing Folder Layout on the Music Converter set-up page

Choosing Folder Layout on the Music Converter set-up page

Hello,

Apologies in advance because I'm not the quickest learner. In Batch Converter I'd like to convert various folders from my FLAC collection to identical folders with the equivalent MP3 files, (main folder with Artist Name, then subfolders with individual album names). I saw the instructions which say "With Dynamic Naming on the Music Converter page, it is possible to preserve or alter an existing folder layout." Can you please tell me which of the options listed under "Output To" should I choose, so that the MP3 files are in their own folders with the same names as the original FLAC folders, but not in those same FLAC folders themselves? Also, do I need to create those folders first or can the program copy the original folder names?

Thanks in advance,

GPL

Administrator

Re: Choosing Folder Layout on the Music Converter set-up page

In the Output to drop down, select Preserve source path, and choose the location where you want the mp3s to go, the folders are preserved.

Re: Choosing Folder Layout on the Music Converter set-up page

Thank for quick reply,very helpful. I tried that before but stupidly hadn't twigged that it copied the entire original path. AOK now.