title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

  1. #1
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,764

    Question ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Hi folks,

    (I was advised to open a new thread regarding this specific matter.)

    So, I am not seeing "ID TAG UPDATE" in my utility DSPs within "Batch Converter"?

    This issue actually originally occurred over 12 months ago but since then I have formatted my PC and reinstalled my Illustrate s/w's again.

    (Please see Drive link below.)

    Many thanks in advance for any kind assistance offered here . . .

    Best,

    Paul David Seaman

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rv2...ew?usp=sharing

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5,498

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    Hi folks,

    (I was advised to open a new thread regarding this specific matter.)

    So, I am not seeing "ID TAG UPDATE" in my utility DSPs within "Batch Converter"?

    This issue actually originally occurred over 12 months ago but since then I have formatted my PC and reinstalled my Illustrate s/w's again.

    (Please see Drive link below.)

    Many thanks in advance for any kind assistance offered here . . .

    Best,

    Paul David Seaman

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rv2...ew?usp=sharing
    aha, here it is called ID Tag Processing. It is there in your pic.

  3. #3
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    aha, here it is called ID Tag Processing. It is there in your pic.
    Hi Garym,

    Has the name of the DSP been changed from what it originally was?

    Paul

  4. #4
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5,498

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    It has one name in converter DSP and another in right click on files for direct edit. But can do all the same things.

  5. #5
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,764

    Thumbs up Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    It has one name in converter DSP and another in right click on files for direct edit. But can do all the same things.
    Oh, OK - that's great then!

    I'll have another look at it again tomorrow. It would be fantastic if can make the necessary edits over the next few days . . .

  6. #6
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Hi Garym,

    OK, but I'm really unsure as to what I need to do next, please? Apologies!

    I'm also considering deleting all SORT tags, but I'll give that more thought after revamping all of the artists' names in double inverted commas . . .

    Paul

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HuG...ew?usp=sharing

  7. #7
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5,498

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    What are you trying to do with your tags exactly.

  8. #8
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,764

    Question Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    What are you trying to do with your tags exactly.
    Hi Garym,

    Was definitely a good idea to start a new topic!

    Firstly, I have, for instance, Chick "Corea". I would desperately like to remove the quotations from his surname (so, Chick Corea).

    I think I have the correct dialogue open and DSP added, but I really need advice on how to move forwards from here?

    Much appreciated.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-15-2022 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Spelling

  9. #9
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5,498

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    I am not aware of how to do this in dbpoweramp. One could do a batch removal of quotation marks using regular expressions programming in the program mp3tag (which handles most file formats), but I am not an expert on regular expressions code.

  10. #10
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bradford, ON Canada
    Posts
    143

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I am not aware of how to do this in dbpoweramp. One could do a batch removal of quotation marks using regular expressions programming in the program mp3tag (which handles most file formats), but I am not an expert on regular expressions code.
    I agree that for mass edits mp3tag is a better solution. But if you want to get that support you are best to ask on their forum. It is pretty easy to do a find and replace though.

  11. #11
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I am not aware of how to do this in dbpoweramp. One could do a batch removal of quotation marks using regular expressions programming in the program mp3tag (which handles most file formats), but I am not an expert on regular expressions code.
    OK, THANKS!

    Since my PC formatting I lost 'mp3tag'.

    Is this the correct s/w, please?:

    https://mp3tag.en.softonic.com/downl...hoC_qAQAvD_BwE

  12. #12
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Quote Originally Posted by GBrown View Post
    I agree that for mass edits mp3tag is a better solution. But if you want to get that support you are best to ask on their forum. It is pretty easy to do a find and replace though.
    Hi GBrown,

    Would that be here, please?:

    https://community.mp3tag.de/

    Thanks.

  13. #13
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    450

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    The actual site URL is https://www.mp3tag.de/en/. (in English) There is a link on the opening page for German. The community link in your last post is the correct one for their bulletin board.

    I used their "actions", creating a new action to do some editing of tags on a large batch of already ripped tracks I acquired a few years ago. It took a few tries to get it to do pretty much what I wanted. Like anything that is "automatically" modifying a significant number of files, it is vital that you have a backup copy of the source data before you start, so when the process goes awry, you have the source material to try again with.

  14. #14
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Wirral, UK
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    The actual site URL is https://www.mp3tag.de/en/. (in English) There is a link on the opening page for German. The community link in your last post is the correct one for their bulletin board.
    Hi Schmidj,

    Nice to chat with you again.

    I have tried signing-up to the mp3tag forum but I don't seem to be receiving the activation-link. So I have contacted their customer support . . .

    Paul
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 07-15-2022 at 07:13 PM.

  15. #15
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    5,498

    Re: ID TAG UPDATE missing in BATCH CONVERTER (Windows_10 Ver. 16.6)

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterjazzlick View Post
    OK, THANKS!

    Since my PC formatting I lost 'mp3tag'.

    Is this the correct s/w, please?:

    https://mp3tag.en.softonic.com/downl...hoC_qAQAvD_BwE
    id go here. Direct to their site.
    https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •