title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID Tag Update utility codec & Rule-based manipulation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meldrew61
    • May 2022

ID Tag Update utility codec & Rule-based manipulation

I am looking for more information/help about the programmable actions that are available in the Rule-based manipulation of tags. I have seen in forum posts mention of actions such as [GRAB], [RIGHT], [TRIM}, [REPLACE] etc but can find no online documentation that describes their usage and/or other available actions. I would be most grateful if someone can point me to any resource/help that provides comprehensive documentation on the facilities available in the Rule-based manipulation.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ID Tag Update utility codec & Rule-based manipulation

perhaps if you say what you are wanting to do?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Meldrew61
      • May 2022

I want to remove text such as ", Disc 1" from the end of album titles but it would be nice know what text manipulation functions are available

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2021

The functions you refer to in your first post are naming functions, but these are, as the name suggests used for naming your ripped/processed files.

Documentation about the [ID Tag Update] utility is here, which contains exactly what you're trying to achieve.
        Last edited by simbun; 06-30-2022, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Meldrew61
          • May 2022

Hello Simbun, I have seen this documentation and it doesn't tell me how to do what I want to do namely remove the string(s) ", Disc n" from the end of the album title

Comment

• simbun
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2021

On this page under the heading 'Word / Character Replacement' it shows you how to replace/remove '(Disc 1)'; it doesn't remove it JUST from the album title though if that's your issue?

To be honest dBpoweramp isn't a particularly powerful post-rip tagging program, you're probably better off looking at mp3tag or foobar.

Comment

• Meldrew61
              • May 2022

Yes I saw that but I really only want to remove this text from the album tag. A few years back I did something similar and found some info on how to do it using rule-manipulation but cannot find the thread that showed how to do it so I know it can be done.

Comment

• simbun
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2021

If you don't find a better way I guess the following would work:

Code:
                If album=[anyvalue]
                SET album=[REPLACE]<comma_> Disc 1,,[album][]

If album=[anyvalue]
                SET album=[REPLACE]<comma_> Disc 2,,[album][]

Certainly not as elegant as a regular expression in mp3tag, but I know very little around this functionality so if you do find a better way, do let us know.

Comment

Working...

]]>