title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Pre-Ripping Hang MAC

CD Pre-Ripping Hang MAC

Hola,
    I hadn't ripped a disc in several months. Last time was with an earlier version of 17 and I had the same issue then as now.
    After inserting a disc or opening the DB app and selecting the CD Rip option, the drive reads the disc, the track times populate but no titles or artwork. The app hangs mid-process while retrieving the Intelligent Metadata. It appears to acquire the results from one online source but gets delayed either in between or while retrieving the next metadata batch. Today the app hung for about two hours. App unresponsive, the curved arrow process wheel located in the upper left of the app window spinning but all app buttons and options are faded and unselectable. The blue status bar at the bottom of the app window halfway full. The Force Quit menu didn't indicate the app was unresponsive.I've taken a screenshot while in the hang state and after the track field finally populated.
    For me, this has occurred every time I have used the CD Rip feature, multiple artist, nothing unusual content wise. Mainstream stuff.
    I also took a sample of the process with Activity Monitor and will attach that as well.
    My Hardware. Mac Pro (late 2013 cylinder) Most current OS - Big Sur 11.6.6 Updated to Db 17.8 Beta 3 prior to rip attempt but this issue occurred with my previous version of 17 but not in 16.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator

Re: CD Pre-Ripping Hang MAC

Is it always discogs it is waiting on?

Super Moderator

Thanks for the detailed bug report.

Looks like a problem with outgoing connection to the Discogs server, the connection somehow gets stuck. It's possible that old dBpoweramp R16 handled this differently, I'll investigate the details.

In meanwhile:
    Cancelling metadata lookup should still work (though discards fetched results, I'll see if I can fix this). The app isn't really locked up as far as I can tell - controls are just deliberately disabled for the duration of the metadata lookup, except for the 'cancel' button in the lower-right corner.

Disabling lookup from Discogs - uncheck Discogs under Active Providers - should mitigate this issue and give you use other providers.

Super Moderator

Behavior improved in R17.8 beta 4-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...Mac-R17-8-beta