title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ID Tag Update utility codec & Rule-based manipulation

ID Tag Update utility codec & Rule-based manipulation

I am looking for more information/help about the programmable actions that are available in the Rule-based manipulation of tags. I have seen in forum posts mention of actions such as [GRAB], [RIGHT], [TRIM}, [REPLACE] etc but can find no online documentation that describes their usage and/or other available actions. I would be most grateful if someone can point me to any resource/help that provides comprehensive documentation on the facilities available in the Rule-based manipulation.

Administrator

Re: ID Tag Update utility codec & Rule-based manipulation

perhaps if you say what you are wanting to do?

I want to remove text such as ", Disc 1" from the end of album titles but it would be nice know what text manipulation functions are available

dBpoweramp Guru

The functions you refer to in your first post are naming functions, but these are, as the name suggests used for naming your ripped/processed files.

Documentation about the [ID Tag Update] utility is here, which contains exactly what you're trying to achieve.
    Last edited by simbun; 06-30-2022 at 04:54 AM.

Hello Simbun, I have seen this documentation and it doesn't tell me how to do what I want to do namely remove the string(s) ", Disc n" from the end of the album title

dBpoweramp Guru

On this page under the heading 'Word / Character Replacement' it shows you how to replace/remove '(Disc 1)'; it doesn't remove it JUST from the album title though if that's your issue?

To be honest dBpoweramp isn't a particularly powerful post-rip tagging program, you're probably better off looking at mp3tag or foobar.

Yes I saw that but I really only want to remove this text from the album tag. A few years back I did something similar and found some info on how to do it using rule-manipulation but cannot find the thread that showed how to do it so I know it can be done.

dBpoweramp Guru

If you don't find a better way I guess the following would work:

Code:
    If album=[anyvalue]
    SET album=[REPLACE]<comma_> Disc 1,,[album][]

If album=[anyvalue]
    SET album=[REPLACE]<comma_> Disc 2,,[album][]

Certainly not as elegant as a regular expression in mp3tag, but I know very little around this functionality so if you do find a better way, do let us know.