title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: recurring idea? simultaneous copies

recurring idea? simultaneous copies

Win10

Hello, I have the idea of copying several hundred cds from a media library and to look for solutions I got 4 usb cd players for my laptop, 5 in total.
    And I come to this program among others.
    QUESTION: How to copy the cds simultaneously at the same time? Thanks to the batch I suppose but how?

Re: recurring idea? simultaneous copies

You cannot. How are you going to load 5 disks simultanously? With a laptop I gather you have them on USB cables. Lot of data to be pushing at once down the bus. I am only using 2 drives (real ones, not the flimsy laptop horrors)and each is on the USB bus but also each is on it's own power (supplied by warts, not the bus). I rarely rip an entire disk anymore but just grab the tracks I actually want to listen to. This is time consuming and I use a macro to handle certain detils the program does not support. I'm using a cheap and compact desktop off amazon with the drives stuck on top with velcro. Still selecting tracks is slow yet I can't keep up when I want 2 tracks off this disk and 5 off another. Even when I do rip a stack of full disks things get pretty busy. I suggest evaluating your entire workflow if you want the best throughput.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: recurring idea? simultaneous copies

Quote Originally Posted by Jovuf View Post
    Win10

Hello, I have the idea of copying several hundred cds from a media library and to look for solutions I got 4 usb cd players for my laptop, 5 in total.
    And I come to this program among others.
    QUESTION: How to copy the cds simultaneously at the same time? Thanks to the batch I suppose but how?
    You can have multiple instances of dbpa CD Ripper running on your computer at the same time (just start the program running multiple times). Just start 5 different instances running, and select the individual drives in each instance. Frankly, I found this a bit too confusing, as I also spent a lot of time making sure my metadata and artwork was correct and as I desired. I ripped over 5,000 CDs, one CD at a time and it wasn't that bad. I could easily rip 50 CDs a day while doing other things on the computer.

this thread will have some very useful info for you:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...?48707-Rip-x-6
    Last edited by garym; 08-05-2022 at 07:57 AM.