title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Creating folder for files?

Creating folder for files?

Hi there,

I have downloaded the writer and it looks pretty good.

I want to burn my MP3 files. However, I want them burned in a folder: i.e. all the files in folder named 'X' for example!

There doesn't seem to be the option for this. All the files are copied over indvidually (before burning).

Any idea how I can create folders for my files?

Thanks.

Kashif

Re: Creating folder for files?

Check out one of the configuration options available when you initially define the CD type to dCW. It is in the same window as the CD size and MP3 encoding options.

Wayne

Administrator

As Wayne says, CD Writer - create a 'New' CD select the mp3 / wma and set the arrangement (this is where you set the folder).

Hi guys,

Thanks for your reply and pointers. However, it is still a bit confusing.

Yes, I click on the 'New' button at the top after I choose the type of CD I want to burn (in this case MP3).

Then the dialoue box pops up....and I select the MP3 / WMA CD Radio button. This then enables the

'File Naming' button and row...

Right so far...?

then what? When i press the 'Set' button, the 'Set File Naming' dialogue box popos up.

HOw do I create a folder ('X') for example for a number of files I want to burn from the 'C' drive. I want them to burn into this folder 'X' and for this folder 'X' to appear on the burned CD as well.

Await your advice. Thanks for your time.

Kashif

It all depends on how you want you files organised and named within the folder 'X'. Is 'X' related to the music in someway or will it be static (i.e the same) for every cd you create using this profile)?

A better description of 'X' would be helpful.

Wayne

Administrator

You could set file naming to:

X\[artist]-[track]

and it would put everyting in the folder X

Unregistered

I think i am trying to do the same thing as this guy, say for the first folder i want 'TOOL' containing 12 songs, the next folder 'Godsmack' containing 18 songs, and roughly 11 more folders in the same fasion. Our players were designed to access the folder and play those songs at a single button or scan through the folders.
    When mine is reading the disc it will tell me how many folders and how many songs i have on the disc.

I also need explicit instructions for this proccess if it is possible.
    Thanks in advance.

I do not think that this is possible unless 'TOOL' and 'GODSMACK' are already held within the music files id tags. This is because dCW doesn't allow you to change the settings to used to create a CD once you have started to build it.

Wayne

Re: Creating folders & Registering

hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and thanks for your advice.

Wayne (I think) wrote:

<
    You could set file naming to:

X\[artist]-[track]

and it would put everyting in the folder X
    >

I just burned a CD. The system worked great. However, my folders weren't created.

In the above instructions, do I keep [artist]-[track] the same? Do I not change it?

Hence, I have 25 MP3 sound files in folder 'X' on my C drive. I wanted these burned onto the CD in the same folder.

Also, I have another folder on my C drive entitled 'X2' (for example) with other files I wanted burned in a folder.

they all copied OK. However, not in any folder.

The mistake I seem to have made was in deleting '[artist]-[track]'!

Is there any chance of a clarification of how this can be done. The tool is excellent...except for this. Why is it so difficult?

What do you mean by the files being ordered / created according to their 'id tags'?

Also, can I carry on using the writer without registering? What are the advantages of registering?

Await your advice on the above. Thanks again.

Kashif

Administrator

Re: Creating folders & Registering

For such creating mp3 cds, you are best using the program that came with your CD writer (such as Nero).