title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSPeffects help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JessiKa
    • Nov 2005

Re: DSPeffects help!!!!

Originally posted by xoas
    Do you mean -4.0 dB (which is 63% of maximum) or 4.0% of maximum (-28 dB)?
    The dB and % of maximum settings are interdependent. You cannot change one value (dB or % of maximum) without the other automatically changing. This could be one source of your problem.

Are you using any other DSP effects? Do you have the option checked to remove DSP effects after each conversion?

Is this re-setting occuring while you have the dialog box open for the Remove Silence DSP effect, or does it occur while you are in a different DSP effect dialog box, or is it re-setting during a batch conversion or between individual conversions?

Best wishes,
    Bill
    The error steps on if I an option adjusts and then uses.
    It cuts too much off (at -4,0 dB).
    With the next use the kind of settings is set back.
    Other Plugins keeps my setting.
    Resetting takes effect directly, all the same which I try.
    Yes, I use also different effects, normalize and DC-offset.
    I tried already everything one after the other.
    I think it's the Plugin?

Greetz,
    Jessi

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

I do not see this type of behavior on my system.
      In what order (from top to bottom of your window of active DSP effects) are you applying your DSP's (DC offset, volume normalization, and Remove Silence)?
      What settings are you using for DC-offset and Volume Normalization?

I ask on the theory that perhaps some of your DSP settings might be over-ridong other of your settings. If this is the case, then anyone using those settings should run into the same problem. In this case, clearing your other DSP effects from your active list might correct the problem.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Make sure you have R11.5 as this DSP was updated for that version, as a note I can set 0.1% (-60.1 db) click OK then go back into dsp effects and that value has stuck.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JessiKa
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
          Make sure you have R11.5 as this DSP was updated for that version, as a note I can set 0.1% (-60.1 db) click OK then go back into dsp effects and that value has stuck.
          Okay. It's running!
          But why I can't set it under 0.1% in extreme example to 0.02% whit 96,3 dB?

Greetz,
          Jessika :confused:

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If there is a need for such low values I can note down as a request.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JessiKa
              • Nov 2005

It would be nice!

Comment

• MrVideo
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Sep 2004

That low of a value doesn't work. I screwed up and used the default value and had hours of work wasted. My fault for not checking the results. The .1% value seems to work.

But, I have a better idea. Except for CDs that have the music run together on purpose, the standard CD has a forced 2 second break between songs. Why not have an option box to just chop 2 seconds from the end of a song, which will override the level setting (if the option isn't ticked, then setting levels is used)?

I believe that just chopping 2 seconds is safer than trying to guess what level to use. If it isn't, please tell us why.

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2002

I have assumed, perhaps wrongly, that Jessika had other reasons for applying the Remove Music DSP, My reason for this assumption is that when you rip music from CD using dBpowerAMP Music Converter the two seconds of silence between tracks is automatically removed. Therefore there is no need to use the Remove Silence DSP for that purpose.
                  There are tracks, however, that may have a lengthy, mostly subaudible, intro or ending sections. Also tracks may have been recorded from analog sources where there may have been extra dead space at the beginning and/or end of tracks introduced in the recording process. These are situations in which I find the Remove Silence DSP most useful.

Best wishes,
                  Bill

Comment

• MrVideo
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Sep 2004

My reason for this assumption is that when you rip music from CD using dBpowerAMP Music Converter the two seconds of silence between tracks is automatically removed. Therefore there is no need to use the Remove Silence DSP for that purpose.
                    There are tracks, however, that may have a lengthy, mostly subaudible, intro or ending sections. Also tracks may have been recorded from analog sources where there may have been extra dead space at the beginning and/or end of tracks introduced in the recording process. These are situations in which I find the Remove Silence DSP most useful.
                    I did some random sampling of songs that I ripped before turning on Silence and sure enough, many ended right at zero. Some at -2 and another at -1.

I hereby remove my suggestion to add an option to remove the 2 seconds.

But, what about live songs that are on CDs where there isn't a two-second gap? How does one turn off the two-second silence removal in this case?

Comment

• xoas
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2002

As I understand it, any CD there is actually a marker that marks the end of each track. This is true whether one track seems to flow seamlessly to the next, whether there is a fixed 2 second gap between tracks, or whether some tracks have gaps between them and others do not. So the ripping software is not having to remove any gap.

In general, I believe this is how it works although the specifics of the technology may be off.

Best wishes,
                      Bill

Comment

• MrVideo
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Sep 2004

In general, I believe this is how it works although the specifics of the technology may be off.
                        Thanks, I appreciate the info.

BTW, I have the silence removal set for .1% at 250ms.

Comment

Working...

]]>