title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Missing Metadata

Missing Metadata

Derar all
    Sometimes CDs are not found in the several databases but I can find them elsewhere in the internet.
    Is there a possibility to import the metadata e.g. from a self-made text-file?
    Regards and thanks.
    Brendianer

Administrator

Re: Missing Metadata

Use the manual lookup function, or locate it on discorgs and copy the url to clipboard and the disc will be loaded.

dBpoweramp Guru

If it's not in the dBpoweramp providers - as you asked - I doubt it's quicker to paste the values into a text file and then format them than it would be to just paste them into CD Ripper. This assumes you've set up all the tags you need to populate via %appdata%\dBpoweramp\DefaultTagEdit.txt (from release 17.6), as otherwise that would be a bit of a pain.

You may be aware that mp3tag can do this, but again, I would doubt it's any quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    This assumes you've set up all the tags you need to populate via %appdata%\dBpoweramp\DefaultTagEdit.txt (from release 17.6), as otherwise that would be a bit of a pain.
    Thanks.
    I do not understand that.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Brendianer View Post
    Thanks.
    I do not understand that.
    Whilst you can fill in the core tag information from the Matadata Review screen, if you wanted to fill in information like Label, Catalog no, ISRC, Album Artist Sort e.t.c., then you'll need to use the Tags section (see below), but that section only shows tags for which dBpoweramp has managed to scrape information, so where it can't you'd need to first 'Add New Tag' for each tag you want to populate and then type the value into it, and you'd need to do this for every disc where metadata hasn't been found.

With the release of 17.6 you can add tags to %appdata%\dBpoweramp\DefaultTagEdit.txt and they'll ALWAYS show there, making data entry simpler.

Tags.jpg

where do you paste the URL?

on the manual metadata search it says to paste it to the ..... but doesn't say where to paste it?