title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Read CRC from existing wav or flac music-file (2nd)

Question Read CRC from existing wav or flac music-file (2nd)

How I can read CRC values from existing wav or flac music-files, saved to my Mac?
    I had downloaded this two CD-Images as FLAC from Qobuz - this old CD's are not present in trade:
    Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestra - Frankfurt Radio Symphony : Mahler: Symphony No. 3 [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 006-001a00d8-0083e7f0-55170906]
    Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestra - Frankfurt Radio Symphony : Mahler: Symphony No. 5 [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 005-000F0600-00465197-3F110805]
    But this are not present in AccurateRip - if I test them with PerfectTUNES-AccurateRip

What way is there to upload CRC values that are not present in AccurateRip?

My system: M1 Mac Mini, Monterey / dBpoweramp Music Converter, PerfectTUNES, Audirvana Studio

A second Thread about my CD/DVD/BlueRay drive 'Samsung BD Writer SE-506CB identical with TSSTcorp '

PS: My first posting is after editing empty

Administrator

Re: Read CRC from existing wav or flac music-file (2nd)

Only by ripping can the disc be uploaded. Reading the CRCs would not help, those two albums are different lengths.

My main question - how I can read CRC values from existing wav or flac music-files, saved to my Mac?
    If i know right, .wav or .flac files are container including the pure music + metadata.
    I will know CRC value from the saved music files, as PerfectTUNES/AccurateRip determined but not displayed.

From my other questions: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...l=1*post211445

Another basic question: I am new to this causa - how do the CRC values get into the AccurateRip database?
    Can I somehow upload them for CDs that are not included?
    I ripped some CDs that found in music database, but not in AccurateRip database.
    Last edited by fredonmac; 06-08-2022 at 11:33 AM.

Another basic question: I am new to this causa - how do the CRC values get into the AccurateRip database?
    I ripped some CDs that found in music database, but not in AccurateRip database.
    If I ripped them, but they are not included in AccurateRip database after!

The other Question: How I can read CRC values from existing wav or flac music-files, saved to my Mac?
    Check of saved music files with PerfectTUNES/AccurateRip determines this, but does not display it. I want to read them!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fredonmac View Post
    If I ripped them, but they are not included in AccurateRip database after!
    Successful CD rips will be uploaded automatically to AccurateRip through dBpoweramp, but the actual entries get staged and the database needs to be refreshed before they'll appear, which typically takes about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by fredonmac View Post
    The other Question: How I can read CRC values from existing wav or flac music-files, saved to my Mac?
    Check of saved music files with PerfectTUNES/AccurateRip determines this, but does not display it. I want to read them!
    In PerfectTunes, clicking on the 'i' next to the Export will show you the log of the AccurateRip verification process, but the output may be limited if it doesn't match an existing CD. On Windows you have CUETools which does give you this information. FLAC files do contain an MD5 hash of the audio content, but that's different than the CRC you'll see from AccurateRip, but can be used to identify if two tracks (from an audio perspective) are identical.

In response to your earlier question, downloaded content (from Qubuz and the likes) isn't the product of a CD rip, so it won't match or verify against AccurateRip. The CD specification includes requirements such as each track needs to be a multiple of 588 samples in length, which I assume is handled by the mastering software; if you're making content available for streaming/download you don't need to worry about those specifics.

Administrator

Only the Windows version of dBpoweramp can submit to the database.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Only the Windows version of dBpoweramp can submit to the database.
    Thank you, I had searched, but nothing found on my Mac!