title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: TuneFUSION for Mac with files on SMB share doesn't sync

TuneFUSION for Mac with files on SMB share doesn't sync

Hi,

I'm using TuneFUSION for Mac to sync music to foobar2000 Mobile running on an iPhone. My music files are stored on a Synology NAS which I access from my Mac over an SMB share. The TuneFUSION app itself can access the files just fine for indexing. But when I try to do the actual sync, the log is just full of these errors:

Code:
    Sync started on 2022-06-04, 11:55:29 to foobar2000 on iPhone-8
     tf/fb-m protcol version: 2
     Library contains 40 tracks, 40 tracks requiring syncing
     Device has 16.89 GB free space, 0 bytes already synchronized
     Error: Error opening file '/Volumes/music/Alan Silvestri/Back to the Future (Intrada Special Collection) [2008]/1.02 DeLorean Reveal.m4a' check no other program has it open.Operation timed out (errno:60)  [Open]  for source file: /Volumes/music/Alan Silvestri/Back to the Future (Intrada Special Collection) [2008]/1.02 DeLorean Reveal.m4a
     Error: Error opening file '/Volumes/music/Alan Silvestri/Back to the Future (Intrada Special Collection) [2008]/1.01 Logo.m4a' check no other program has it open.Operation timed out (errno:60)  [Open]  for source file: /Volumes/music/Alan Silvestri/Back to the Future (Intrada Special Collection) [2008]/1.01 Logo.m4a
    Any idea what the problem could be?

Best regards,
    Thomas

Administrator

Re: TuneFUSION for Mac with files on SMB share doesn't sync

Likely a permissions issue, perhaps does not have the read permission.

Okay, but where to look? Inspecting the app package there's just one binary, right? And the TuneFUSION app itself (started as GUI) can read the files just fine, as they are properly indexed. I gave TuneFUSION Full Disk Access in the Privacy settings, but that didn't change anything.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the problem report.

The error message (errno:60) indicates that attempt to open the file timed out.
    Are you accessing the NAS over a wired connection or over wifi?
    Was the NAS possibly rebooting for updates during sync?

Anyway, we will add some logic to retry reading of files in such scenario.

dBpoweramp Guru

I would add "Was the NAS in sleep mode (standby)?".

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Are you accessing the NAS over a wired connection or over wifi?
    Was the NAS possibly rebooting for updates during sync?
    Both the NAS and my Mac are communicating over a wired connection. The NAS was accessible during the sync, it wasn't sleeping or rebooting or the like.

I also do not have any problems reading and writing the music files over the same SMB share with other applications, like foobar2000. Only TuneFUSION gives me trouble, and only when trying to sync.

I can confirm I have the same problem. As far as I can tell, this only occurs if transcoding happens. If I only copy the files it works.

Super Moderator

Added workaround in version 1.8 beta-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ac-release-1-8

I tried the beta version, but it made no difference, except that the error is now different:

Code:
    Sync started on 2022-09-05, 16:35:40 to foobar2000 on iPhone-8
     tf/fb-m protcol version: 2
     Library contains 20 tracks, 20 tracks requiring syncing
     Device has 10.79 GB free space, 0 bytes already synchronized
     Error: Error opening file '/Volumes/music/original/Alan Silvestri/Predator [2012]/03 Something Else; Cut 'Em Down; Payback Time.flac', check no other program has it open. Resource temporarily unavailable (errno:35)  [Open]  for source file: /Volumes/music/original/Alan Silvestri/Predator [2012]/03 Something Else; Cut 'Em Down; Payback Time.flac
     Error: Error opening file '/Volumes/music/original/Alan Silvestri/Predator [2012]/04 The Truck.flac', check no other program has it open. Resource temporarily unavailable (errno:35)  [Open]  for source file: /Volumes/music/original/Alan Silvestri/Predator [2012]/04 The Truck.flac
     Error: Error opening file '/Volumes/music/original/Alan Silvestri/Predator [2012]/02 Main Title.flac', check no other program has it open. Resource temporarily unavailable (errno:35)  [Open]  for source file: /Volumes/music/original/Alan Silvestri/Predator [2012]/02 Main Title.flac
     Error: Error opening file '/Volumes/music/original/Alan Silvestri/Predator [2012]/01 Fox Logo [Alfred Newman; Elliot Goldenthal (arr.)].flac', check no other program has it open. Resource temporarily unavailable (errno:35)  [Open]  for source file: /Volumes/music/original/Alan Silvestri/Predator [2012]/01 Fox Logo [Alfred Newman; Elliot Goldenthal (arr.)].flac
    Sync incomplete (see detailed log).

Super Moderator

Thanks for the error log.

Beta 2 posted with attempted fix.