title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asset 7.4 multi-disc albums

Re: Asset 7.4 multi-disc albums

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The name of the folders should not impact the multi-disc detection.

Ensure there is a disc number tag with 1/2, 2/2, etc

(depending on audio format it might be two tags which hold disc number / disc count).
    Hi Spoon,
    Thanks for your quick reply. This helps me fine.
    The issue in my collection is the "disc count' info/tag that is missing.

dBpoweramp Guru

If you have a big collection it can be a pain to retrospectively populate disctotal (assuming you're using FLAC) but foobar2000 and the sqlite plugin can do it. If you need any help (and you're on Windows) I should be able to tweak the instructions I used to help someone populate an album duration tag recently.

That's kind of you to offer, but not necessary. Most of the multi discs album were perfectly indexed, because I use 'disc x' as foldername. For those albums that have different folder names, I'm almost done with adding disctotal.

Hi,
    Another question about multi disc albums.

When browsing the collection, with multi disc albums the tracknumbers are a little strange.
    I mean for disc 1, tracks 1, 2, 3, ...; for disc 2, tracks 101, 102, 103, ...; disc 3, tracks 201, 202, ... etc.
    How can I get the tracknumbers continuous counting for the album as a whole?

And
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The name of the folders should not impact the multi-disc detection.

Ensure there is a disc number tag with 1/2, 2/2, etc

(depending on audio format it might be two tags which hold disc number / disc count).
    In my collection this does not work with DSF files.
    When folder names are different from 'disc x', adding disctotal does not change Asset seeing the discs as different albums.
    Last edited by Arnold; 12-14-2022 at 05:37 PM.

Administrator

The 101 track number is there because it combines the album, as track count cannot be relied on.

Hi Spoon,

If chosen the option "combine multi-disc albums as one", is it possible to make the tracknumber continuous instead of adding digits in front of the tracknumber?

I've also ticked the option "Multi-Disc Albums show as '[Disc] [Track] [Title]'".
    But thist makes no difference. Tracknumbers stay on 1,2,... & 101, 102, ... No discnumber.

Administrator

It is combined, starting at 101 for disc 2, and 201 for disc 3. It is not possible to start exactly after the last track of disc 1.

Okay, thanks. It's not a big deal. And perhaps it's time for me to treat multi disc albums as one digital album and thus combining all tracks in one folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    Hi Spoon,
    I've also ticked the option "Multi-Disc Albums show as '[Disc] [Track] [Title]'".
    But thist makes no difference. Tracknumbers stay on 1,2,... & 101, 102, ... No discnumber.
    Hi,
    I've noticed that when the disctotal tage is set, then Asset does display discnumbers.
    But the discnumbers are added to the track title. Which I don't find nice.
    See enclosed screencap. IMG_0193.jpg

The discnumbers are only added when the tag disctotal (or similar) is used. Multi disc albums without this tag, but have folders named disc1, disc2, etc., don't get the discnumber added.
    Last edited by Arnold; 12-20-2022 at 08:02 AM.

Administrator

>I've also ticked the option "Multi-Disc Albums show as '[Disc] [Track] [Title]'".

>But the discnumbers are added to the track title. Which I don't find nice.

Remove that option you have set and disc number will not be added.