title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non alphanumeric character handling

Re: Non alphanumeric character handling

Hi Spoon,

Can you confirm whether this Asset bug regarding the handling of "=" in the Vorbis Comment tags is fixed in the R7.5 release for Synology?

Cheers

Super Moderator

I'm sorry but non-Windows Asset R7.5 still has this bug. I just applied the fix for R7.6 beta which will be posted shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    I'm sorry but non-Windows Asset R7.5 still has this bug. I just applied the fix for R7.6 beta which will be posted shortly.
    Thanks for the update. I'll look forward to the release of R7.6

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Hi, I see that a new release of Asset has been made, but a) I can't see whether this release includes the fix and b) I see no Synology DSM6 package available. The R7.6 betas 1, 2 and 3 I've been using specifically because of this fix, were for DSM6. Will a DSM6 compatible version including this fix be released, or has support for it now been terminated?
    Last edited by barkeyo; 06-02-2023 at 03:31 PM.

Administrator

DSM6 cannot be compiled any more, it is frozen under legacy downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    DSM6 cannot be compiled any more, it is frozen under legacy downloads.
    Hi Spoon, that's disappointing given that beta 3 was provided for both DSM6 and DSM7 only 3 weeks ago. In which case, can beta 3 be used indefinitely?

Super Moderator

No specific beta timeout in Asset Linux.

Beta versions (also trial versions) can be installed on top of registered and retain registered status.

The problem with DSM 6 is that I can compile, but can't test if what I just built works at all, as there's no way to downgrade my NAS back to DSM 6.

Hi PeterP, unfortunately my Synology is a bit older, so it can't run DSM7. I don't know whether it's possible, but I'm happy to take a compiled build for DSM6 and put it through its paces. If it works, great, if not then I'll be fine to just re-install beta 3.